• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

De León a Santiago/ Mayo

pachavegas

Buenos días... Estimo salir el 12 de Mayo de León. Alguna recomendación especial que no debería pasar por alto en esa ruta?
De igual forma, hay algún alguna facilidad para trasladar el resto de mi equipaje desde Madrid a Santiago? Dónde puedo conseguir en León la credencial antes de arrancar mi camino? Gracias y saludos desde Venezuela

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Helping a bit; translation by Google:

Good morning ... I estimate out on 12 May León. Any special recommendation should not overlook that route?
Similarly, there are some some facility to move the rest of my luggage from Madrid to Santiago? Where I can get the credential León before starting my way? Thanks and greetings from Venezuela

Pacha-- usualmente el mes de Mayo tiene su cantidad de lluvia asi que asegurate que tienes un buen poncho y ropa que la puedes secar en secadora. Las botas/zapatos que sea altos al tobillo para que se protejan del lodo. Llevate unas sandalias para que las uses cuando no estes caminando. El equipaje de Madrid a Santiago lo puedes mandar por correo en una caja que puedes adquirir en cualquier correo de Madrid y mandarlo a Santiago. Hay dos opciones; lo puedes mandar a cargo del correo postal de Santiago donde escribes una nota que eres Peregrina y que te lo guarden. Lo maximo que lo guardan son 2 semanas de gratis. La otra opcion is mandarsela al encargado de este foro, Ivar (http://www.caminodesantiago.me/luggage-storage-in-santiago-de-compostela/) a la direccion:
Ivar Rekve
Att: [Tu Nombre Aqui]
Travesía da Universidade 1
15704 Santiago de Compostela
A Coruña
Spain

Ivar tiene un pago minimo y el te guarda tu paquete sin problema por max de 2 meses. Mucha gente usan los servicios de Ivar.

La ruta desde Leon es linda; que lo disfrutes. En Leon la Catedral tiene credenciales. Al frente de la Catedral esta la Oficina de Turismo que te pueden decir tambien donde conseguirla. Una palabra de consejo; hay albergues en Leon que no aceptan peregrinos que empiezan el Leon o sea que no tengan credenciales ya estampadas. La razon es que tristemente muchos que no son peregrinos se aprovechan de la situacion y se consiguen credenciales para quedarse en albergues. Ten un "Plan B" para quedarte esa primera noche en Leon. Yo te recomiendo el autobus desde la Terminal 3 de Barajas llegas hasta Leon. Tambien puedes mandar tu maleta desde cualquier correo en Leon. Buen Camino! Que Dios bendiga tus planes!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Ditto:

Pacha - usually the month of May has a lot of rain so make sure you have a good poncho and clothing that can tumble dry. The boots / shoes high ankle it to protect themselves from the mud . Promo sandals for you to use when you are not walking . The baggage from Madrid to Santiago you can mail it in a box that you can buy at any mail send to Madrid and Santiago. There are two options ; I can send by postal mail to Santiago where you write a note that you 're Peregrina and put it aside . The maximum that are stored 2 weeks free . The other option is to send it to the manager of this forum, Ivar ( http://www.caminodesantiago.me/luggage-storage-in-santiago-de-compostela/ ) to the address :
Ivar Rekve
Att : [ Your Name Here ]
Crossing Universidade da one
15704 Santiago de Compostela
A Coruña
Spain

Ivar has a minimum payment and you keep your package without problem for max 2 months. Many people use the services of Ivar .

The route from Leon 's cute ; you enjoy it. In Leon Cathedral has credentials. In front of the Cathedral is the Tourist Office they can also tell you where to get it . A word of advice ; Leon 's hostels do not accept pilgrims begin the Leon that is already stamped with no credentials. The reason is that sadly many who are not pilgrims take advantage of the situation and get credentials to stay in hostels. Have a " Plan B" to stay that first night in Leon . I do recommend the bus from Terminal 3 of Barajas arrive until Leon . You can also send your bag from any mail in Leon . Buen Camino ! May God bless your plans!

http://www.caminodesantiago.me/comm...-nine-pilgrims-missed-this.25555/#post-202438

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, Planning Sarria to Campostela mid Sept, 2024. Both wife and I are 71 years old and from America. Will fly from Paris to Campostela. We are pretty active and estimate 10-13 miles per day OK...
Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have been planning my upcoming Camino using the Wise Pilgrim Frances app. Unfortunately, it has stalled at Burgos and will not give me any information beyond that city. I have tried...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
If you are planning to start a Camino in October 2024, you are invited to add a post to this thread – scroll down to the last post, and create a new post giving your expected start date, start...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.