• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Decision Made, Camino Inglés

shutterbug

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan to walk October 2018
After many, many hours of research, I finally decided on doing the Camino Inglés. I will be leaving Wisconsin, October 8, arriving October 9 in Madrid, starting walking October 11 from Ferrol. I have decided on this route, because I read here, that this route was taken by Scandinavian pilgrims and I am of Scandinavian decent. It will be very motivating and spiritual to know my ancestors walked this very route, so many years ago.
I decided not to make any prior sleeping arrangements and just have the freedom to walk at whatever pace I choose and stop when I am tired. It will be a slow stroll giving me time I need to reflect and find my true self again.

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Buenos Dias Shutterbug. I chose the Inglés last May-June because of limited budget and time. I didn't expect to get the same from that short route as I had from the Francés. I took my time, over seven days, and I haven't regreted it for one moment, having had a most special moment of enlightenment through conversation with a fellow pilgrim I met along the way. The costal section was, for me, especially uplifting. I hope your Camino will bring you much of what you are seeking, and some pleasant surprises along the way too. Buen Camino. It is a lovely route, inland too. Love Light & Nature, Keith

Burn Camino! I walked this way in May 2014 and have fond memories of Pontedueme and Betanzos especially. I heard that there's a new pilgrim albergue now in Sigüero, which wasn't there, I don't think, when I passed by.

My only piece of advice is NOT to get a tattoo in the tattoo parlour in Sigüero. Not one of my best decisions! : )

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Burn Camino! I walked this way in May 2014 and have fond memories of Pontedueme and Betanzos especially. I heard that there's a new pilgrim albergue now in Sigüero, which wasn't there, I don't think, when I passed by.

My only piece of advice is NOT to get a tattoo in the tattoo parlour in Sigüero. Not one of my best decisions! : )
Hola p-mci - I think you may mean the private Albergue Camino Real. It opened in 2017, and I stayed there one night during its first week of opening. I'd recommend it to anyone - clean, great hosts and good location and fascilities. Keith

After many, many hours of research, I finally decided on doing the Camino Inglés. I will be leaving Wisconsin, October 8, arriving October 9 in Madrid, starting walking October 11 from Ferrol. I have decided on this route, because I read here, that this route was taken by Scandinavian pilgrims and I am of Scandinavian decent. It will be very motivating and spiritual to know my ancestors walked this very route, so many years ago.
I decided not to make any prior sleeping arrangements and just have the freedom to walk at whatever pace I choose and stop when I am tired. It will be a slow stroll giving me time I need to reflect and find my true self again.

I will be exactly one week behind you on the Ingles. I hope you report in from the Camino, i'll be excitedly waiting to start!!!

I have just done the Camino Ingles and my route was Ferrol to Neda which is a nice introduction to the camino. Then Neda to Mino by passing Pontedeum. The alburge at Mino was excellent and worth the extra 10km+.
Brian

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Although I had a guide book it was not used there are plenty of yellow arrows and way markers. You may come across a double way marker the complementary just adds a bit more distance. The confusion starts just outside Santiago, at the industrial zone travel straight on you will eventually see a way marker then entering the out skirts of the city one marker on a post pointing up left makes you think up hill to the right or down hill to the left. Take the left fork and pick up markers. You can always ask “donde esta camino santiago” which I found very useful but did not understand a word they said but they pointed me in the right direction. In Santiago, Hostal la Salle is both an hotel/alburge very clean located up towards the bus station which cost me 25 euros per night.

Brian

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
If you are planning to start a Camino in October 2024, you are invited to add a post to this thread – scroll down to the last post, and create a new post giving your expected start date, start...
Hi, this is Nils from Tenerife. I'm excited to start my very first camino - let's see what it will bring! 😍 For me, this journey is very much like an inwardly guided shamanic ceremony, following...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.