• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Dios bendiga esta camino

Furzle

Hi I'm Oscar and I'm still trying to find my way around this website. I wanted to write and thank sillydoll for her advice about taking a tent (don't) when I did the camino, and loved it, last year but I can't find the right bnuttons to press. Is anybody reading this or has it gone to the great camino in the ether?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi and welcome Oscar,

Try to search for the word "tent" here:
search.php

...just write tent in the search box and hit enter... then you will see a long list of posts related to tents, hopefully you will find the one you are looking for.

If not, try to look in the "Equipment Section" of the forum here:
viewforum.php?f=30

I hope this helps a bit :)

Greetings from sunny Santiago,
Ivar

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hola Oscar jans,
Yes, I know the feeling. I was like that in the beginning and to some extent still, I think. I love this forum and think it is great but with only two week's to go before I leave for Somport in AragĂłn I am in a panic about everything and am fed up with all this modern technology - new mobile phone, new digital camera, new gmail address etc. But seeing as I am 62 with no new body and original one somewhat faulty since old brain got damaged by a brain tumour I need all the help I can get and I realise that the comfort zone of contact with the outside world,- by way of mobile phone - allows me to attempt an incredible journey. If I manage this year maybe I'll have the courage to travel as a mendicant pilgrim next time (SeePage 10 (3) and page78 Personal Reflections in John Brierley's Pilgrim's Guide...) putting my whole trust into the hands of God and humanity.
Buen camino y Ultreya,
Eleanor

Hi Eleanor, all u said re: how u feel is appropriate to the circumstances. Go with it, peregrina, give urself to the Caminos. Funny, I've always gone with preconceived notions about what to find and will experience and then in the end it's turned out otherwise. Always. Am curious, what made u choose the Camino Aragones? Buen Camino :arrow: xm 8)

Hola xm,
Thanks for your thoughts. I am desperately trying to reduce my 10kilo pack. How?

I have been interested in the Camino ever since ,in 1970, I married my Spanish husband who was reared in a small village near Jaca, on the Camino Aragonés. I have travelled around that area on my few holidays over there with my in-laws and feel the Alto Aragón to be my second home. Didn't get there to often during our early married life what with three kids to rear and no Ryan Air cheap flights. Then a braintumour op. in 1994 put me out of action. But a few year's ago I managed to do a day hike from Arrés to Artieda and from such beginnings it began to dawn on me that maybe I could walk despite mobility problems, etc. So here's hoping! And I must start in Aragón. So there you are.

Un saludo desde Irlanda,
Eleanor

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
"...reduce my 10kilo pack. How?"

Hi Eleanor.

Well, it took me a diagnosis of tendinitis on my right knee by the good nurse/hospitalera from the refugio at Santo Domingo de la Calzada, who came to the albergue at Grañon to celebrate Santiago's Day, to get rid of unimaginable things in my backpack, like a 365 page book :!: But that was on my first Camino, have learned a lot since :!: You'll know once u start walking what stays and what goes . You can always opt to mail home things u don't want, or leave them at an albergue for someone else to use.

"...husband who was reared...on the Camino Aragonés. I have travelled around that area...feel the Alto Aragón to be my second home..a braintumour op....day hike from Arrés to Artieda...I could walk...I must start in Aragón..."

Wow. What a fantastic way to learn about that most precious Camino Aragones, Eleanor. What a brave person you are to face up to your challenges. I have mine too. When my demons get the best out of me while in deep despondency, reading about experiences like yours uplift me and helps me regain the necessary balance and strength to hit that Camino, stay on it, and keep going, keep going, no matter what, keep going.

Comes to mind a dear professor who used to say to me, "la vida es lucha, y mientras hay lucha, hay vida."

So, let's keep luchando, but most certainly, disfrutando, too :!:

Un fuerte abrazo.

Buen Camino :arrow:

xm 8)

Hola de nuevo XM,
Thanks for all your advice and kind words. I see you too have come upon José Marie Maldonado's song. I just love it and now have it stored on my computer to play regularly. Also, I did download that short video with dificulty, as I don't have broadband yet. It took me ages and then I didn't know how to save it. But it was very good. Have you read his diary yet? He writes in a lovely style in Spanish. I was having trouble downloading this too and sent him an email and got a gracious reply. He seems like a very nice person. Would love to meet him sometime. Wish my Spanish was better for writing letters. Hopefully Mi Camino will improve it. Only a bit more than a week to go. Don't like the weather reports from Peter Robbins. Ah well !Ultreya.
And to you too ,con la lucha.
"We are not at our best perched at the summit
We are climbers,
At our best when the way is steep"

Greetings,
Eleanor

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hello Eleanor. Glad u enjoyed the video. I heard Maldonado’s song while on a Camino somewhere, and then on the very same video whose link I sent u. I made an inquiry re: his music at a Spanish language Santiago cyber forum, and lo and behold, the man himself is a "foro" participant, too! We’ve exchanged e-mails and I got his first CD. Ditto, to his sounding like a very nice person. I haven’t read Maldonado’s diary, but would like to, got a link? He lives in Seville and participates in a lot of Camino related activities. Hey, let’s hop on a train and crash on him in Seville, how about it? Just kidding. A week to go…how nice. How are those nerves doing? Here r some thoughts for u: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDOTJHbwRj4

Buen Camino :arrow: xm 8)

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.