Dubliner on Via de la Plata

Paddy Brock

Paddy J Brock Ireland
Feb 5, 2017
Dunlaoire , Dublin Ireland
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2014, Camino Frances / Plus Finisterre 2015, Camino Portugese 2016 and Via de la plata April 2017 in planning
Hi im Paddy , irish and from Dublin. Starting from Seville on 26th May and would enjoy company to start. 70 years young and 4th full Camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

tony Osborn

Aug 16, 2016
Hi Paddy.
I'm thinking of doing the Via de la Plata in Sep/Oct. Can you tell me roughly how many days you are planning to do this in. I'm about to book flights and curious how long i'm going to need?
Cheers
Tony

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Paddy Brock

Paddy J Brock Ireland
Feb 5, 2017
Camino Frances 2014, Camino Frances / Plus Finisterre 2015, Camino Portugese 2016 and Via de la plata April 2017 in planning
Hi Paddy.
I'm thinking of doing the Via de la Plata in Sep/Oct. Can you tell me roughly how many days you are planning to do this in. I'm about to book flights and curious how long i'm going to need?
Cheers
Tony
Hi Tony I have estimated 35 days should be good at a daily average of 33 km or in other words 8 hours walking at 4.5 km an hour which gives time for the odd cup of tea,,,,,,,,,,,thats my plan . Start 26th April and fly home on 1st June, Buen Camino. Worked for me on my last 3 Caminos

Paddy Brock

Paddy J Brock Ireland
Feb 5, 2017
Thanks Nuala,,,,,,, with a name such as your own you must be a fellow Celt
Hey Nuala i mixed up my months ,,,,,,,,,,,im starting 26th of April to get ahead of the heat

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

C clearly

Staff member
Jan 28, 2007
BC, Canada
Most years since 2012
Can you tell me roughly how many days you are planning to do this in.
Hi Tony I have estimated 35 days should be good at a daily average of 33 km or in other words 8 hours walking at 4.5 km an hou
Just a warning... Tony, we don't know anything about your walking ability and experience. Paddy is setting an ambitious pace, but he is experienced and knows what is appropriate for him. If I were planning the VdlP from Seville to Santiago, I would allow at least 44 days, based on a careful look at the stages and daily accommodation.

Last edited:

Paddy Brock

Paddy J Brock Ireland
Feb 5, 2017
Just a warning... Tony, we don't know anything about your walking ability and experience. Paddy is setting an ambitious pace, but he is experienced and knows what is appropriate for him. If I were planning the VdlP, I would allow at least 44 days, based on a careful look at the stages and daily accommodation.
I think that is good advice and well worth reviewing. My last walk from st Jean to Santiago was 23 days so i suppose i move along at a fair pace . But better to stay within your own comfort zone and enjoy

Reactions: C clearly
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Silverton

Jan 1, 2014
Ireland
2003- CF ( various), Portugués (various), Aragonés, Inglés, Sanabrés
Buen camino otra vez, Paddy! I think we spoke at the Camino Info Centre in Dublin before your camino with your friend last autumn. Have you spoken with our Michael who has walked the Via de la Plata several times? PM me, if you need contact info.

Paddy Brock

Paddy J Brock Ireland
Feb 5, 2017
Buen Camino Paddy, have a great Camino.
Agus go n eiri an tadhleat fein , before this Camino i have to see my club Cuala v Ballyhea on St Patricks day ,so good luck to them both. Really looking forward to another memorable Camino .

Reactions: wayfarer

Donna Sch

Veteran Member
Jan 26, 2014
NT, Australia
VdLP-Sanabres-Fisterra '15; Levante-Invierno '19
Allowed 40 days which was 37 actual walking days and 3 rest days on the way to SdC. I also had a few extra days after arriving in SdC to allow for disasters which I used to continue to Finisterre and later go to Barcelona before having to travel on to Paris.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Paddy Brock

Paddy J Brock Ireland
Feb 5, 2017
Allowed 40 days which was 37 actual walking days and 3 rest days on the way to SdC. I also had a few extra days after arriving in SdC to allow for disasters which I used to continue to Finisterre and later go to Barcelona before having to travel on to Paris.
Good walking Donna, i am basing my estimated days on past performance so hopefully this old bod of mine will keep moving along well. Really excited about this undertaking and eager to sample this different part of Spain and the element of aloneness i have read so much about. And an apt adventure as i enter my Seventies in 16 days time and still enjoy robust health Deo Gratis

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.