• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Efrén Gonzáles guided tour 2023

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
He’s very popular. It could look like a Congo line with Efren as the pied piper.
👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣

I arrive SJPP on the 2nd leave on the 4th; but by Valcarlos would be nice to say hi to Efren in SJPP!
Already booked the early stages as advised up to Estrella (as wanted to stay in a couple of specific accommodations) and hope to wing it from there to Fisterre.

I am not looking forward to the conga line from Sarria; so wouldn't want to walk the whole way in one:)
Although i expect Efren will be a font of knowledge and a joy to walk with.
Woody

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
‘Looking for people to accompany him’ is a clever bit of marketing. Why not just call it what it is?
I must say - when I read the opening post ; I hadn’t clicked to the marketing aspect … rather dense of me . I was thinking he was just wanting a camino family but we know that can get big without planning.😉😮😜🤨. I rather prefer a quiet walk .
And of course it is not free. He's trying out guiding just like other Camino tour companies which he is well equipped by now to do.
This does make sense - I wish him the best.

For those who want to avoid this group 😉 the itinerary starts May 4th from St Jean, and appears to follow Brierley stages with rest days in Burgos and León.

Thanks @trecile for adding the start date from SJPdP. That could help a lot of pilgrims who don’t want problems finding accommodation on their respective camino.

‘To each, his own ‘
Buen camino.

Why do I feel manipulated? The post could say something like ‘tour guide available June blah blah blah.. let me know if you’re interested in joining a guided tour. Gracias

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Why do I feel manipulated? The post could say something like ‘tour guide available June blah blah blah.. let me know if you’re interested in joining a guided tour. Gracias
@Richard of York was just passing on information he found. I think that he probably thought that some here might be interested.

‘Looking for people to accompany him’ is a clever bit of marketing. Why not just call it what it is?
Those are my words, not his. I'm merely passing on info I found on Youtube that people on the Camino forum might find interesting, and tried to make it as unjudgmental as possible, but clearly I failed.

Those are my words, not his. I'm merely passing on info I found on Youtube that people on the Camino forum might find interesting, and tried to make it as unjudgmental as possible, but clearly I failed.
No harm intended for the messager! Nor for the message itself. Perhaps in the brevity of my earlier comment I left a bit too much for the imagination.

I don't object in any way at all to Efren's undertaking only to the way it was presented (by him and re-conveyed by others). It is what it is and there is no need to pretend otherwise, on the contrary.

Caveat emptor; companies that offer guided tours in Spain are generally bonded for good reason. There are a dozen ways a guided tour can go wrong. When and if they do the organizer ought to have a way to make good on the arrangement. I have not read the fine print of his invitation so I don't know if this applies here.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I take it as being (1) he wants to make another camino video, he's running out of caminos so needs an interesting new twist, and (2) this is a trial run for a potential new commercial venture, in that order.

I don't know where this falls as far as insurance is concerned. Is it a tour or just a group of people walking together for a video? I guess those who get involved should ask those questions.

Caveat emptor; companies that offer guided tours in Spain are generally bonded for good reason. There are a dozen ways a guided tour can go wrong. When and if they do the organizer ought to have a way to make good on the arrangement. I have not read the fine print of his invitation so I don't know if this applies here.
It seems that he is planning to be a tour operator - this is what it says on the form that he is asking people to fill out:

What’s included in the guided tour? Logistics and bookings of all accommodations, a guide (me), car rental, and a driver for the group if we all agree, pilgrim passports, Compostela (free), and a scallop shell. Flights, meals, laundromats, tips, and hiking gear are not included.

Are tour operators in Spain required to be bonded or licensed?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I take it as being (1) he wants to make another camino video, he's running out of caminos so needs an interesting new twist, and (2) this is a trial run for a potential new commercial venture, in that order.

I don't know where this falls as far as insurance is concerned. Is it a tour or just a group of people walking together for a video? I guess those who get involved should ask those questions.
Efren's walks are not only related to caminos; I have recently watched videos on his newest hikes. I've seen his walk in South America; the Annapurna base camp hike, and now I'm watching his newest on the Mont Saint Blanc tour; his next adventure is walking a famous pilgrimage in Japan. I don't think he is running out of ideas; I just think he is looking at ways to increase his livelihood and why not?...others do, even here.
I doubt he is purposely trying to mislead. It was mentioned renting a car, so I'm sure it would seem that his plan must be to take a very small group; hardly a conga line.😅...but possibly a driving tour?😂

Rick Steve's, after years of some success with his European travel videos began offering bus tours, and I don't think he was personally leading most of them himself.

@Anniesantiago and Joe have taken numerous small groups on the Camino. She has talked about the issue of purchasing group insurance and would be a good one to weigh in on the potential pitfalls.

Edited to correct typos.

Last edited:
I doubt he is purposely trying to mislead. It was mentioned renting a car, so I'm sure it would seem that his plan must be to take a very small group; hardly a conga line.😅...but possibly a driving tour?😂
The ininerary he has laid out is definitely a walking tour following Brierley stages. I would guess that the possibility of the car would be for group members who couldn't walk on certain days for whatever reason.

The ininerary he has laid out is definitely a walking tour following Brierley stages. I would guess that the possibility of the car would be for group members who couldn't walk on certain days for whatever reason.
Yes, I already knew that! My driving tour comment was only a joke.😂
Yes, I've occasinally seen tour company vans on the Frances waiting at times to pick up tired or injured pilgrims.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Everyone's favourite Camino vlogger, Efrén Gonzáles, is looking for people to accompany him in May/June on the Camino francés.

https://www.youtube.com/@Efren./community
https://www.facebook.com/groups/4496011317168974/permalink/4922674984502603/
Dear fellow Peregrinos, I have been following Efrèn almost since the beginning he is an excellent vlogger. One of the best out there in my opinion. I am familiar, because I read his posts, with this new idea he is embarking on trying, in mind. He explained that he would limit it to ten people. I don't believe you will need to compromise or recreate your travel plans around this group. Buen Camino!

I've led groups before and always purchase insurance for the group. Not only does it protect the travelers but limits my liability as well. I'm able to sleep better :) If the group I'm traveling with doesn't have a group policy, then I will purchase an individual plan.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
And now we know - it will cost 3236 Euros for 36 nights in dorms to walk from SJPdP to Finisterre with Efrén (no meals or pack transport included).
But for that price you do get a credential, scallop shell, and a guidebook too. 😉

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back