• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD El Camino del Norte

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christian_swe

Time of past OR future Camino
Walked el camino 2003
Will walk north rut 2019 start 29 jan
Hello
I am going to walk el camino north from Irun to Santiago then to fisterra. What about albergues and restaurants in September-October, is there any difference now during
Corona times? Is it something special to think about, is most of it open?
Thanks in advance
Christian
from Sweden

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Santoña is having a massive spike, they are locking down the whole town as of today. Not the right time, as Tincatinker and Ivar suggest.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello
I am going to walk el camino north from Irun to Santiago then to fisterra. What about albergues and restaurants in September-October, is there any difference now during
Thanks in advance
Christian
from Sweden

Since you are on the Norte now, we should probably be asking you what it is currently like there...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello
Thanks in advance
Christian
from Sweden

We are planning to start the week of Thanksgiving(November 20). This year, it will be The Northern Camino. As long as US citizens are able to travel to Spain, we WILL be there.
There will never be the same old "safe" Camino, things are changing constantly, and have changed. I have some US friends living in Spain, they are walking Del Norte this month, and they are finding it safe. At times challenging, but safe. Some people will need to realize, even with the vaccine, it will NEVER be, the same old Camino. There will be risks involved in any travel, it is, and it will be a personal choice.

Buen Camino!!

Texasguy

Santoña is having a massive spike, they are locking down the whole town as of today.

This is serious. No one can enter or leave for the next 15 days (with a few exceptions, but not for pilgrims!).

I looked for an English source and found this — everything it says is corroborated in the Spanish press.

Anyone out there now can forget about the nice ferry ride from Laredo. There are workarounds, but people just have to be flexible. Stay safe, peregrinos.

Not good........................................................... :(

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I was supposed to start the Norte at the end of september...I have cancelled my plane tickets and I have decided to do a long distance hike here in Quebec nourrishing that part of the Camino which is inside of me. When the winds are not good we should act accordingly. The Camino has been there for many centurys and will be there for many more.

I was supposed to start the Norte at the end of september...I have cancelled my plane tickets and I have decided to do a long distance hike here in Quebec nourrishing that part of the Camino which is inside of me. When the winds are not good we should act accordingly. The Camino has been there for many centurys and will be there for many more.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Status
Not open for further replies.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back