• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

eSIM for France

Time of past OR future Camino
2010, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2024
I am from the U.S. and planning to walk the Le Puy Chemin this September. I was going to get the Bonbon eSIM for my iPhone 14. However, I just realized that it's only good for 30 days. As it'll take me 40+ days to walk from Le Puy to SJPDP, I wonder if I should get the Bonbon eSIM then "top off" (buying another 30 days) or go with another eSIM company that has a longer duration. I don't use much data. Just occasional Whatsapp, emails and FB photo postings. I will also be using available WiFi (gites, cafés...). Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I would go with Orange and top up as needed. You can check how much data you used before the end of your 30 day plan and choose the right top up accordingly.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
try «Le French Mobile» which uses the Orange network and you can get your SIM before you leave home [and the number too but that step is a little tricky😉 I have had the same french SIM for 5+ years now ... still works a treat! Check it out here : <https://www.lefrenchmobile.com/fr/>
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, my iPhone14 only uses eSIM. Bon Chemin.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back