• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Finally starting the Camino on Tuesday!

Kateusofoz

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2017
Hi all,

This is my first time posting here, but I have been stalking various threads on and off for quite some time now.
I have been trying to make it to the Camino for almost 15yrs now, but "life" has always lead me in different directions. Finally, I will arrive in St Jean early Monday evening, and after staying at the Beilari that evening I will be on my way!
Today is the first time I've started to feel a little nervous... I'm hoping it's just excitement, as I've been travelling since the beginning of February (including a month in Nepal) and I am no stranger to "going my own way" in life and experiencing new and wonderful things. The best part is, I am fortunate and have no fixed time that I need to complete my journey, so I expect I will be taking it fairly slowly the first week to two as my body adjusts.
Anyway, I just wanted to jump on here and say "hi" and if anyone else is starting out at the same time, perhaps I'll see you there!
Buen Camino all,
Kate :)

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Welcome Kate you are going to love it!

Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Kate. Sept. 2013 I was nervous too when I arrived in St. Jean by myself. That feeling totally disappeared when two days later I found myself walking utterly alone through the woods. It just clicked, I was amazed by how comfortable I felt. My husband and I walked together last September, and will be arriving in Irun to do the Norte on Wednesday April 19. I'll be thinking of you. You'll do great. Buen camino - Cherry

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Kate. Sept. 2013 I was nervous too when I arrived in St. Jean by myself. That feeling totally disappeared when two days later I found myself walking utterly alone through the woods. It just clicked, I was amazed by how comfortable I felt. My husband and I walked together last September, and will be arriving in Irun to do the Norte on Wednesday April 19. I'll be thinking of you. You'll do great. Buen camino - Cherry
Thank you so much for your kind words Cherry! Have a wonderful time with your husband also! Buen Camino to you both!! :)

On Wednesday, I am starting from O Cebreiro to walk the last 100 miles of the Camino Frances, with my sister-in-law and her two grown-up daughters. This is our first Camino experience. I hope some of you faster pilgrims who are walking the entire route will overtake us, so that we have a chance to meet!
Buen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I should be starting from SJPP on Wednesday, only have as far as Biarritz booked so far. Hoping I can get regional train to SJPP Tuesday evening

I should be starting from SJPP on Wednesday, only have as far as Biarritz booked so far. Hoping I can get regional train to SJPP Tuesday evening

On Tuesday 18/04/2017 the last transport leaves the Bayonne rr station/Gare Bayonne at 18:06 for SJPdP. This is a substitute bus/autocar for TER 62 train from Bayonne to SJPdP and a provided by the rr at the same price and same time of the usual TER local line 62 train. This bus departs from the front of the train station/Gare SNCF. Buy your ticket inside the rr station. There are NO reserved seats; seating is open as on a tram or metro.
The repairs are planned to be finished by 12 May.

See more here--
https://www.ter.sncf.com/aquitaine

Last edited:
On Tuesday 18/04/2017 the last transport leaves the Bayonne rr station/Gare Bayonne at 18:06 for SJPdP. This is a substitute bus/autocar for TER 62 train from Bayonne to SJPdP and a provided by the rr at the same price and same time of the usual TER local line 62 train. This bus departs from the front of the train station/Gare SNCF. Buy your ticket inside the rr station. There are NO reserved seats; seating is open as on a tram or metro.

See more here--
Thanks!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

See more here--
Hey thanks for the tip. I got of the train at Bayonne instead of Biarritz as booked and 10 euro only for ticket to SJPP so I made it there Tuesday at 8:00

Thank you so much for your kind words Cherry! Have a wonderful time with your husband also! Buen Camino to you both!! :)
I started solo on Wednesday and have made it to larrosona end of day today. No more worries about walking or being solo amazing people and views so far for me

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hello, Planning Sarria to Campostela mid Sept, 2024. Both wife and I are 71 years old and from America. Will fly from Paris to Campostela. We are pretty active and estimate 10-13 miles per day OK...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
I have been planning my upcoming Camino using the Wise Pilgrim Frances app. Unfortunately, it has stalled at Burgos and will not give me any information beyond that city. I have tried...
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
Hello peregrinos, we are Sara and Giuseppe, a Italian couple, we lost today a sleeping bag, in the way, from Pamplona to Puente De la Reina, anyone has found it? Let us know please.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back