• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Finally starting the Camino on Tuesday!

Kateusofoz

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2017
Hi all,

This is my first time posting here, but I have been stalking various threads on and off for quite some time now.
I have been trying to make it to the Camino for almost 15yrs now, but "life" has always lead me in different directions. Finally, I will arrive in St Jean early Monday evening, and after staying at the Beilari that evening I will be on my way!
Today is the first time I've started to feel a little nervous... I'm hoping it's just excitement, as I've been travelling since the beginning of February (including a month in Nepal) and I am no stranger to "going my own way" in life and experiencing new and wonderful things. The best part is, I am fortunate and have no fixed time that I need to complete my journey, so I expect I will be taking it fairly slowly the first week to two as my body adjusts.
Anyway, I just wanted to jump on here and say "hi" and if anyone else is starting out at the same time, perhaps I'll see you there!
Buen Camino all,
Kate :)

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Welcome Kate you are going to love it!

Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Kate. Sept. 2013 I was nervous too when I arrived in St. Jean by myself. That feeling totally disappeared when two days later I found myself walking utterly alone through the woods. It just clicked, I was amazed by how comfortable I felt. My husband and I walked together last September, and will be arriving in Irun to do the Norte on Wednesday April 19. I'll be thinking of you. You'll do great. Buen camino - Cherry

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Kate. Sept. 2013 I was nervous too when I arrived in St. Jean by myself. That feeling totally disappeared when two days later I found myself walking utterly alone through the woods. It just clicked, I was amazed by how comfortable I felt. My husband and I walked together last September, and will be arriving in Irun to do the Norte on Wednesday April 19. I'll be thinking of you. You'll do great. Buen camino - Cherry
Thank you so much for your kind words Cherry! Have a wonderful time with your husband also! Buen Camino to you both!! :)

On Wednesday, I am starting from O Cebreiro to walk the last 100 miles of the Camino Frances, with my sister-in-law and her two grown-up daughters. This is our first Camino experience. I hope some of you faster pilgrims who are walking the entire route will overtake us, so that we have a chance to meet!
Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I should be starting from SJPP on Wednesday, only have as far as Biarritz booked so far. Hoping I can get regional train to SJPP Tuesday evening

I should be starting from SJPP on Wednesday, only have as far as Biarritz booked so far. Hoping I can get regional train to SJPP Tuesday evening

On Tuesday 18/04/2017 the last transport leaves the Bayonne rr station/Gare Bayonne at 18:06 for SJPdP. This is a substitute bus/autocar for TER 62 train from Bayonne to SJPdP and a provided by the rr at the same price and same time of the usual TER local line 62 train. This bus departs from the front of the train station/Gare SNCF. Buy your ticket inside the rr station. There are NO reserved seats; seating is open as on a tram or metro.
The repairs are planned to be finished by 12 May.

See more here--
https://www.ter.sncf.com/aquitaine

Last edited:
On Tuesday 18/04/2017 the last transport leaves the Bayonne rr station/Gare Bayonne at 18:06 for SJPdP. This is a substitute bus/autocar for TER 62 train from Bayonne to SJPdP and a provided by the rr at the same price and same time of the usual TER local line 62 train. This bus departs from the front of the train station/Gare SNCF. Buy your ticket inside the rr station. There are NO reserved seats; seating is open as on a tram or metro.

See more here--
Thanks!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

See more here--
Hey thanks for the tip. I got of the train at Bayonne instead of Biarritz as booked and 10 euro only for ticket to SJPP so I made it there Tuesday at 8:00

Thank you so much for your kind words Cherry! Have a wonderful time with your husband also! Buen Camino to you both!! :)
I started solo on Wednesday and have made it to larrosona end of day today. No more worries about walking or being solo amazing people and views so far for me

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
If you are planning to start a Camino in October 2024, you are invited to add a post to this thread – scroll down to the last post, and create a new post giving your expected start date, start...
Hi, this is Nils from Tenerife. I'm excited to start my very first camino - let's see what it will bring! 😍 For me, this journey is very much like an inwardly guided shamanic ceremony, following...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back