A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Find the way - way markers on the camino

BeatriceKarjalainen

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Finished: See post signature.
Upcoming: Nothing planned
With inspiration from the Doors-thread. Here are way markers (on the ground) in different towns. I start with mine from Camino Francés. I tried to stop and photograph all I could find.

Let me see yours.

Do you recognize any?

1. Saint Jean Pied de Port
2. Zubiri
3. Trinidad de Arre
4. Pamplona
5. Villatuerta
6. Villatuerta
7. Estella (but used in other cities as well)
8. Navarrete (don't know if they only had these on the camino or if they were used in other places in town as well)
9. Burgos
10. Burgos
11. Burgos
12. Hontanas
13. Carrion
14. Astorga
15. Santa Catalina de Somoza
16. Cacabelos
17. Sarria
18. Portomarín
19. Arzúa
20. You know! :)

BeatriceKarjalainen

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
:-D laughing. Ok I thought that was a nice pic anyway. ( Not cf. A difficult one) Let's see if I have someone on the ground then...
You can of course post anything you want. I just left out all my arrows :)

It is a nice picture and I guess I have to go there and find out where it is by walking all the caminos :)

Camino(s) past & future
Via de la Plata 2010, Camino de Madrid, Salvador, Primitivo 2013, Olvidado, Invierno 2014
...back. I only got one pic on my camera roll of a shell on the ground: this oneImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1385840487.648243.jpg.
The photo was taken in the night.

I recognise a few of yours Bea but that's because I remember them from your blog. Don't remember where they were taken though. :)

Jonas

Camino(s) past & future
(2014) Camino France from SJPdP
(2017 sept) Camino France from Burgos
With inspiration from the Doors-thread. Here are way markers (on the ground) in different towns. I start with mine from Camino Francés. I tried to stop and photograph all I could find.
Thank you for sharing, Bea. I have come to day 19 in your blog, and have seen all your beautiful pictures there. Uses your blog as preparation for my first tour :)

k-fun

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés (2011), Camino Portugués (2013), Camino St. Jaume (2013)

karenhypes

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (09), Chemin Le Puy (10/11), hospitaleros (11), Chemin Arles (Apr 13), Caminho Portuguese (15).

Let me see yours.

Do you recognize any?

2. Zubiri
3. Trinidad de Arre
4. Pamplona
5. Villatuerta
6. Villatuerta
8. Navarrete (don't know if they only had these on the camino or if they were used in other places in town as well)
9. Burgos
10. Burgos
11. Burgos
12. Hontanas
13. Carrion
14. Astorga
16. Cacabelos
17. Sarria
18. Portomarín
19. Arzúa

karenhypes

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (09), Chemin Le Puy (10/11), hospitaleros (11), Chemin Arles (Apr 13), Caminho Portuguese (15).
Beatrice, Great photos. I also have photos of every shell marker I saw in the street or sidewalk from Le Puy en Velay to Finisterre and Muxia and from Montpellier to Puente la Reina. You have a few I didn't see. Too many to post them.
On another note, hats off to you for your thoughtful and relevant posts to this forum. Always pertinent and reasonable. Keep it up. Dayton and Karen. London, Canada

BeatriceKarjalainen

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Thank you for these. I have been collecting photos of Camino Markings and Waypost on a Pinterest Board and have added these to them.
Hi,
It is really nice that you want to use them on you Pinterest Board but my pictures are copyrighted and should not be distributed without my permission or at least linked back to something that identifies me. If used on Pinterest I want them to link back to my album not this forum as I don't control this space and it does not identifies me as the photographer. The album is found at: https://plus.google.com/photos/+BéatriceKarjalainen/albums/5943648210816836433?authkey=COmOouLzq_PRfQ there you also will find way markers other than those posted above. I have invested a lot of money and time in my pictures and will at least have the credit for taking them.

BeatriceKarjalainen

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Beatrice, Great photos. I also have photos of every shell marker I saw in the street or sidewalk from Le Puy en Velay to Finisterre and Muxia and from Montpellier to Puente la Reina. You have a few I didn't see. Too many to post them.
On another note, hats off to you for your thoughtful and relevant posts to this forum. Always pertinent and reasonable. Keep it up. Dayton and Karen. London, Canada
Thanks!

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!

Let me see yours.

Do you recognize any?

2. Zubiri
3. Trinidad de Arre
4. Pamplona
5. Villatuerta
6. Villatuerta
9. Burgos
10. Burgos
11. Burgos
12. Hontanas
13. Carrion
14. Astorga
16. Cacabelos
17. Sarria
18. Portomarín
19. Arzúa
Wow, that's a collection :) And the last one is SUPERB!!!!!!!

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Beautiful picture, @BeatriceKarjalainen !!!
I'll post more of mine simply because I like to watch others photos and so reviving my own Camino. Hope I'm offering the same.

Attachments

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I don't get that @BeatriceKarjalainen , because it seems to be the same marker, but it is different. Mine has no cross but there's a concha instead. And on the other hand the yellow arrow is the same. Was it ruined in past 3 years???

BeatriceKarjalainen

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I don't get that @BeatriceKarjalainen , because it seems to be the same marker, but it is different. Mine has no cross but there's a concha instead. And on the other hand the yellow arrow is the same. Was it ruined in past 3 years???
My pictures is from August 2013. Maybe they found the top part and put it back on?

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
@BeatriceKarjalainen
It's definitely the same marker. Note the dot in the stone in the middle of letter S in "de Santiago". And another one above the "r" in "a supaso por"! Those are the same on both photos, no doubt. I think that the upper part must've been replaced in those 3 years. Interesting.

pilgrim b

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Caminos Frances 2013 Ingles 2014 Frances 2015
St Cuthbert's Way 2017 Via Francigena 2018 -(2019)
That is interesting KinkyOne well spotted definitely the same one but different if you know what I mean! Will try and send a few of mine tomorrow too late now today.

BeatriceKarjalainen

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Here are some more from CF:

1. Just before Roland's fountain
2. Entering Spain
3. Sometimes way markers are negative
4. 8 km before Roncevalles
5. 3.6 km before Roncevalles
6. Navarette
7. Santo Domingo de Calzada
8. Sahagún
9. Between Calzada de Coto and Calzadilla de los Hermanillos

Theatregal

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
So far...
2012 ~ 2018
@BeatriceKarjalainen
It's definitely the same marker. Note the dot in the stone in the middle of letter S in "de Santiago". And another one above the "r" in "a supaso por"! Those are the same on both photos, no doubt. I think that the upper part must've been replaced in those 3 years. Interesting.
Here's my photo of this marker taken in September 2012. No topper at all!

Attachments

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Another package.
I wonder if anyone actually have slept in Molinaseca albergue San Roque (second picture) and what was it like ;)

Attachments

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Hi, I couldn't resist posting one of my favorite photos. I captured the beautiful morning sky with this way-marker. If memory service me this is near Cruce.
O, tumbleweed, changed avatar photo??? :)
Nice. So is the "morning marker" shot!

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 153 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 254 25.0%