• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

First Camino starting on May 29

Devin Burns

TheWalkingPriest
Time of past OR future Camino
May/ June 2015
Getting excited for my Camino coming up starting on May 29 for SJPdP. It is my first one and I think it will be a truly blessed pilgrimage.

I am particularly excited, because I will be ordained a priest just days before that in Kansas. I happen to get a month of vacation before my assignment starts (it's a nice perk I guess), and I believe the Camino will be a beautiful way for me to give thanks to God and to come even closer to Him along the Way.

Thanks to all the forum members that have provided information and helped me plan this journey. I hope to see a few of you out there.

Buen Camino!
The Walking Priest

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Getting excited for my Camino coming up starting on May 29 for SJPdP. It is my first one and I think it will be a truly blessed pilgrimage.

I am particularly excited, because I will be ordained a priest just days before that in Kansas. I happen to get a month of vacation before my assignment starts (it's a nice perk I guess), and I believe the Camino will be a beautiful way for me to give thanks to God and to come even closer to Him along the Way.

Thanks to all the forum members that have provided information and helped me plan this journey. I hope to see a few of you out there.

Buen Camino!
The Walking Priest
Hi there, I wish you a very spiritual Camino. Buen Camino, Peter.

Buen Camino and congratulations on your ordination. My nephew and I will be leaving Sahagun on the 11th of June, we may cross paths.

Congratulations
I hope I get to meet you. I start my Camino a few days earlier in Oloron-Sainte-Marie, my path will be longer than yours but it's possible we might cross paths in Puenta la Reina. Buen Camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Heartfelt congratulations and a very buen Camino to you, Devin!
May you have all blessings of the way.

My person

Buen Camino!
The Walking Priest
My personal opinion is that you will need more than one month if you start from SJPdP.
The heat will get you.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Judging by his avatar he is still young ;-) So he might be able to do it in 30/31 days - with the help of God ;-) SY
Yes...he does have an inside track. ;) May your feet have have wings, Fr Devin!

[And...Joe does have a point. 33 days is more 'comfortable'. Maybe consider giving yourself breathing room by starting in Roncesvalles (BTW, the evening Pilgrim mass there is special) or even Pamplona. The only downside of the latter is that you'd miss the church and albergue in Zabaldika run by the Srs of the Sacred Heart. This is also special!]

I am certainly a little worried about the short time frame. Worst case scenario is that I can catch a bus or taxi to make it t0 Santiago, if my feet fail me (which is a definite possibility).

Regardless, I look forward to meeting many pilgrims along the way... and hopefully a few from this forum!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I am certainly a little worried about the short time frame. Worst case scenario is that I can catch a bus or taxi to make it t0 Santiago, if my feet fail me (which is a definite possibility).

Regardless, I look forward to meeting many pilgrims along the way... and hopefully a few from this forum!
Hello Devin -- I will depart SJPdP on May 30 -- so we may meet. My father, 3 uncles and grandfather were all Lutheran ministers. I relate to your calling to the priesthood. Blessings and all good things for you!!

Have a lovely trip Father.
Buen Camino

I too start from SJDP on May 29. This will be my second one. I grew up in KCK. Maybe we will see one another. Are you in SJDP on the 28th?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Yep lindalou. I arrive in SJDP on the 28th from Pamplona and will start walking bright and early on Friday morning.

I bet we will run into each other at the start (and hopefully throughout the journey)

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings fellow travelers, I am hoping to do my first international trip at 57 and solo to walk the Camino Primitivo in mid-July. I want to book the trip through either Santiago Ways or Camino...
My name is Gay, I’m new to the forum as I’m walking my first Camino, the Camino Ingles beginning the 20th of June 2024 and wondering if there are any AA meetings along that route
Hello, my name is Wendy and I walked the Camino Primitivo in September 2022 and I’m planning to walk the full Camino Portugues from Lisbon to Santiago beginning September 7, 2024, in honor of my...
Hi, I’m new to the group as I’m finally hiking my first El Camino this month, El Camino Ingles, beginning June 21, 2024
Hello! I and my friend Cecilia will walk Camino Ingles with start 4th of October. We are so excited to our first but not last Camino. Buen Camino to all of you.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.