First Camino this year :)

Charlie91

Feb 12, 2012
Hi Everybody,

My name is Charlie, I am 20 years old and live in Wiltshire, England.

Later on this year I am off to walk the Camino solo and am so excited! I am planning to set off late May sort of time, do you think this is a good time to start?

I am walking the Camino because I want a bit or direction in my life and I have read in different places that walking the Camino gives you a lot of time for reflection and plenty of time to think.

I really look forward to getting to know you all better and in the future be able to discuss our Camino experiences,

Buen Camino,

Charlie Stevens

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hola Charlie

Welcome to the forum. Late May is a brilliant time to start. There will be lots of other people around and the weather should be great. I am sure your pilgrimage will present challenges, excitement, new friends and many new experiences. You will have time to walk alone and reflect and time to enjoy the company of others from all over the world. The route will lead you to Santiago but in what direction it will take "you" only you will discover. Give yourself to the Camino and see what you get back.

Ask any questions you have and forum members will respond generously from their own experience.

Best wishes

John

laetitia

Jan 27, 2010
Hello Charlie,

Isn't it exciting? Are you walking from Wiltshire? Whereabouts in Wiltshire? I used to live near Devizes before I retired to Spain (have got a few years on you). I live in the Valencian region and its beautiful. I love every minute.
I'm just starting to plan to carriage drive with my horse, dogs and friend,possibly end April into May. May see you along the way.

Best wishes

Laetitia

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Charlie91

Feb 12, 2012
Thank you for the replies :)

I'm glad I've picked a good time of year and am very much looking forward to meeting people from very different backgrounds and taking in different cultures. I've looked at this forum quite a few times prior to singing up to seek advice on kit etc.. Its been so useful so I thought I should now try and contribute what I can in return.

Great to hear from you laetitia, I live very close to Devizes in a town called Bradford on Avon great area to practise walking. Very jealous of where you live! The miserable English weather really doesn't suit me nor the lack of culture! My best friend lived in Valencia for 7 years before returning to England two years ago. Have you previously walked the Camino?

Best wishes,

Charlie

tyrrek

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2011
Halifax, West Yorkshire, UK
Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP-SdC (4-5/2011), Ferrol-SdC (9/2011), Pamplona-SdC (3-4/2012), Camino Finisterre (10/2012), Ourense-SdC (5/2014)
Buen Camino, Charlie!

You'll have some pre-Camino nerves as the time approaches, but if your questions are not already answered on this forum someone will oblige.

Keith

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

crackmrmac

Veteran Member
Jun 22, 2007
Ireland
We wish you well Charlie.
I think the Camino is a safe way to be brave and adventurous for a young person like yourself.
As Johnnie hints it's not just the destination, but the journey and all that it entails as you live one month of your life in the open air.

Buen Camino.

laetitia

Jan 27, 2010
Hello again Charlie,

Very beautiful part of England where you are in Bradford on Avon.
No, I haven't walked the camino at all but have decided to take my horse with me and we can quietly contemplate life and enjoy just being.
I also want to celebrate my wellbeing having recovered from cancer and to light a candle for my darling youngest nephew who was tragically killed in a car accident, he was only 23yrs old.
Good luck with all your planning and take care. L

Most read last week in this forum

Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides