• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

First time pilgrimage,Florida girl

Debbienaples

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept (2018)
Hi everyone,
I must say I've really enjoyed reading all the posts. I've decided to finally commit to walking the Camino for my 50th birthday. Not till next year (2018) and I've chose September to walk. That's giving me plenty of time to condition my body to walk the French way. I'm reading the post as resources, type of poles, sleeping bag, boots, etc. Also love the experiences everyone shares, positive and negative. I'm really looking forward to this journey ,both physically and mentally! Thank you in advance for any feedback.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Welcome. I will walk starting in Sept of this year. The forum has helped me in so many ways, and confused me in some. lol

Keep reading, keep asking. Two months out and another pair of sandals ordered. This pair is at least for afternoons and showers, but needed to be something I could walk in if necessary. Honestly, the other 3 pair did not fit all the requirements. The hiking sandals fit the bill the first purchase.

Hi Debbie,
Im exactly the same as you and agree with the comments from Jo. Last week of Aug and all of Sept for me.... coming so fast. I have used valuable info from fellow forum members over several months to get everything in place. Great you have a good time line to prepare.....but it will sneek up on you. One eg i can give is i was worried about my shoe and sandal selections but after a couple of hundred km ...they feel so much better. Now i worry they will wear out before i finish lol. I wish you a wonderful experience.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Welcome. I will walk starting in Sept of this year. The forum has helped me in so many ways, and confused me in some. lol

Keep reading, keep asking. Two months out and another pair of sandals ordered. This pair is at least for afternoons and showers, but needed to be something I could walk in if necessary. Honestly, the other 3 pair did not fit all the requirements. The hiking sandals fit the bill the first purchase.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I hope you enjoy every step.

Safe travels and Buen Camino!

Hi everyone,
I must say I've really enjoyed reading all the posts. I've decided to finally commit to walking the Camino for my 50th birthday. Not till next year (2018) and I've chose September to walk. That's giving me plenty of time to condition my body to walk the French way. I'm reading the post as resources, type of poles, sleeping bag, boots, etc. Also love the experiences everyone shares, positive and negative. I'm really looking forward to this journey ,both physically and mentally! Thank you in advance for any feedback.
With regards to the load list, my group including a couple of ladies came up with the perfect gear to do with regards to a lady of mature age walking in summer and the best list of gear with the emphasis on weight and the ability to purchase items if and when needed. I could have taken half of what I myself carried. Remember the Camino provides and ultimately No Vino No Camino

Living in southwest Florida doesn't provide me with too many options to try out hiking shoes, so are there any ladies out there that can give suggestions, then I will have to order online. You know how that goes. I did find a backpack that is only 21/2 lbs, it's a Kelty redwing44 all purpose. What are some thoughts or suggestions.
Thank you to all

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Debbie. try zappos on line. Order what you think will fit or like - return what doesn't fit right out of the box, too heavy, to flimsy, doesn't feel comfy or you don't like.

Debbie. try zappos on line. Order what you think will fit or like - return what doesn't fit right out of the box, too heavy, to flimsy, doesn't feel comfy or you don't like.
Good advice , any special backpack? I thought the 2 1/2 pound I found was pretty light

Good advice , any special backpack? I thought the 2 1/2 pound I found was pretty light

That looks like a good weight, I also like Osprey packs, there are around the same weight class (depending on model obviously). Buen Camino, SY

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.