• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

First time walker- I start on September 13th!

Angelrawr

Time of past OR future Camino
I plan to walk for the first time in a mid-September! (2016)
Hi everyone! I've actually created a thread elsewhere before without introducing myself here because I was feeling just a little bit shy and thought no one would care much to look at my post here. :oops: However, I've been browing posts for weeks now and have realized that this is such a tight-knit community of pilgrims so happy to help others and make new relationships. So here goes my formal introduction to you all!

My name is Angela and I'm walking for the first time on September 13th! To be specific, I'll fly in to Madrid on the 13th, take the bus to Burgos, settle down at an albergue for the night and start physically walking on the 14th. I come from the rainy city of Seattle, WA and hope to find not much rain over there.

I'll be walking alone on purpose because I'm trying to find some answers- although I've heard that you go in looking for what you want but end up coming back with what you need. That's just fine. And although I'm walking alone, I still hope to meet people and share this incredible process together.

Thank you all for being such an amazing community!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Oh lovely Angela. You will definitely meet some amazing people and have some wonderful adventures as well as finding time to just be by yourself.

God bless your reflection times
Buen camino,
Ann-Maree

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Angela

Welcome to the forum! I like to walk alone too, in my own pace and thoughts, but inevitably you will make friends... and lots of them!

Its been an incredible journey for me, this Camino and I hv some answers too.

You hv exciting times ahead and I wish you Buen Camino!

Welcome Angela,

I hope your camino is everything you need.

Safe travels and Buen Camino!

Mike

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi everyone! I've actually created a thread elsewhere before without introducing myself here because I was feeling just a little bit shy and thought no one would care much to look at my post here. :oops: However, I've been browing posts for weeks now and have realized that this is such a tight-knit community of pilgrims so happy to help others and make new relationships. So here goes my formal introduction to you all!

My name is Angela and I'm walking for the first time on September 13th! To be specific, I'll fly in to Madrid on the 13th, take the bus to Burgos, settle down at an albergue for the night and start physically walking on the 14th. I come from the rainy city of Seattle, WA and hope to find not much rain over there.

I'll be walking alone on purpose because I'm trying to find some answers- although I've heard that you go in looking for what you want but end up coming back with what you need. That's just fine. And although I'm walking alone, I still hope to meet people and share this incredible process together.

Thank you all for being such an amazing community!

Mostly pilgrims are a great community. I agree that you may go wanting one thing and find something entirely different. Try to relax, start gently and enjoy the journey. As a woman alone, exercise reasonable caution and trust your instincts. There are so many walkers on the Frances, you will rarely be alone. Buen Camino, Angela. Angels of the Camino really do exist.

Welcome Angela to our Virtual Albergue!

You'll find the Camino just as welcoming. As for walking alone - you might find yourself having to carve out that space after a while ;) but you will find your new compañeros very understanding and accomodating.

Do practice the same situational awareness as you would walking on the streets at home. Alert but not alarmed :cool:

Buen Camino!

I hope that your answers find you along the Way but you may find that by Santiago, the questions have changed.

Go Well

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.