• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Free Airport Shuttle from Booking.com, is it real?

Time of past OR future Camino
June 24' Portuguese
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely new to booking.com. It says its provided by "Getting Travel". Our flight lands close to midnight, I am traveling with my daughter to a 24 hour check-in hotel. I am just looking for advice as to whether this might be a hoax? Free always sounds too good to be true. Thought I'd ask the brain trust! Thanks in advance!!

1714434148480.png

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I've been offered discount transportation from my airport to the hotel from booking.com, but never free. I'd check into the provider - is there a direct link to GETTING TRAVEL?

What airport are you flying into? Porto? I used Uber a lot in Portugal, and it's much less expensive than here in the States.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Here's more information about this promotion.

If they don't require a credit card number I might go ahead and book the free transfer. Worst case scenario would be the car doesn't show up and you get a taxi or Uber.
Hi! Thanks for looking into this for me! I booked it, figured I would snag it and then put a post on here and see what you thought! Think there will be no issue getting an uber between 11-12midnight? I am in upstate NY where ubers are few and far between!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I got burned on that last September
I booked a place in Antibes through B.com which had the same shall I say enticement.
I looked at the small print that stated I would get a free taxi from Nice airport
I booked
About 2 weeks before my departure I contacted B.com and inquired about particular details
Even up until the day of the departure I was getting various run around asking for various proofs and despite sending copies of the ad and my booking I hot absolutely nothing
Thankfully the public bus from NCE to Antibes wa only E2.50 and took about 1hr so the loss was minimal (anxiety of course I still needed the place in Antibes one way or another)
But my trust in B.com took a nosedive down 😒

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I have noticed this offer and other "freebies" have been popping up recently on every reservation I have booked with them. I suspect it is promotional gimmick they beta testing. I hope it works out for you.

Regardless, do not assume the taxi will just show up. Find a contact number and call them when you clear customs. Print out an airport map -- MAD has several terminals and you need to know where you are. Don't expect the driver to speak English. And as always (especially at that hour), have a backup plan. Good luck!

PS The 24-hour check-in hotel may be an automated arrangement, no humans available to deconflict/troubleshoot. Check in advance so you know what to expect.

Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely new to booking.com. It says its provided by "Getting Travel". Our flight lands close to midnight, I am traveling with my daughter to a 24 hour check-in hotel. I am just looking for advice as to whether this might be a hoax? Free always sounds too good to be true. Thought I'd ask the brain trust! Thanks in advance!!

View attachment 169070
Does your hotel offer a free shuttle service? Might want to go with that.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
B.com also "sells" shuttle services. Providing free taxi service for you may be one of their promotion strategies.

I have reserved one for my trip in France next month to see how it works although I am very satisfied with SunTransfers when using its shuttle service in Europe and Southeast Asia as well.

I've been offered discount transportation from my airport to the hotel from booking.com, but never free. I'd check into the provider - is there a direct link to GETTING TRAVEL?
Booking.com would not allow or be involved with scams....however for reassurance why not contact booking.com

View attachment 169070
I have used "Bookings.com" (not always successfully) but we have used Hostal Viky in Barajas that has a free shuttle with great success. I wish you well.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Booking.com would not allow or be involved with scams....however for reassurance why not contact booking.com
Please see my post. I am not going to go as far as suggest that they are "involved with scam" but in my case they did NOT follow up on the promise. As per their request I sent them (numerous times) a copy of my confirmation - stating the address of the property and the screenprint (which I took when making said reservation) which clearly showed said promotion (i.e. it was a yellow box IIRC that said free taxi transportation with this booking..or something similar).
I kept on getting the responses (each took 24+hrs) that they needed more "documentation" (HUH? what more do you want?) and that they are looking over the case
Down to the wire even on the day I left.....

And do note that it is ALL B.com not any 3rd party.....

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

View attachment 169070
I would definitely verify. Free is too good to be true unless it is included in your air fare, or it is sponsored by a hotel you are booking into. Buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

View attachment 169070
It actually works. I got the same type of offer in Barcelona and was skeptical. But if you give your flight number and date there will be someone to pick you up. They will email or text instructions on how to find them. It was a little confusing at first but we found each other and indeed the ride was free. A good tip is appropriate.

Most read last week in this forum

We arrived in Santiago and after searching ways to get back to Pamplona it worked out easier to hire a car . It would mean picking the car up from Santiago airport and leaving it at a hotel in...
Hello, I am 16 days out from "boots on the ground" on the Frances route. As I am a solo female pilgrim My family wants to be able to find me any time day or night as I make my way across Spain...
Hi , I'm looking for some advice. I'm flying to Madrid and catching a bus to Burgos to walk to León. I'm using a light weight foldable bag for my rucksack & poles but I would rather leave the...
I was trying to buy an Alsa bus ticket on-line to take us from Pamplona to SJPDP. It ask for a "document" and document number? Passport isn't mentioned and it wont let me make a purchase without...
Madrid Albergue near airport? I will be going on to Irun/San Sebastian. With thanks, fondly sandi
Some news that was posted on Facebook by Johnnie Walker which I'm sure he won't mind my repeating here. Not sure who his informant was. The post was quite long but I'll just repost it here in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back