• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Friday the 13th start in May 2016

Kuznitz

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2016 (May/June)
I've been hanging around the forum for almost a year and a half now. It's time to officially log into the calendar. My wife and I (Mary and Joe) plan to start our CF on May 13th from St. Jean, allowing ourselves just over five weeks to make it to Santiago. We already have much of our gear, though we're still filling in some of the gaps. We had our first training hike with our backpacks last weekend and all went well. The forum has been an invaluable resource for equipment advice, and a source of both inspiration and humor. Thanks.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Kuznitz, enjoy each step of your Camino on may 2016. Wish you well!

The month of May can be a fine month to do the CF...love the avatar.....it's true (there is a saying most men never grow up)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I've been hanging around the forum for almost a year and a half now. It's time to officially log into the calendar. My wife and I (Mary and Joe) plan to start our CF on May 13th from St. Jean, allowing ourselves just over five weeks to make it to Santiago. We already have much of our gear, though we're still filling in some of the gaps. We had our first training hike with our backpacks last weekend and all went well. The forum has been an invaluable resource for equipment advice, and a source of both inspiration and humor. Thanks.
Hi, as already stated the month of May is very nice to walk the Camino.
Wish you a great journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Any Friday the 13th is not a good date to start.:p
Anyway here in Holland it is a superstition. Better stay at home that day.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Any Friday the 13th is not a good date to start.:p
Anyway here in Holland it is a superstition. Better stay at home that day.
Also in Belgium Albertinho.
BqAdANACIAMeQMw.png

In Spain its Tuesday 13th, Martes Trece, that is considered unlucky. A suggested origin of the superstitions attached to Friday 13th is Friday, 13 October 1307. The date at which the suppression of the Templars began at the initiation of Philip IV of France, among others, when hundreds of the Knights Templar and their lay staff were arrested and later executed. The suppression of the Templars released significant land holdings into the remit of the Crown and provided opportunities for regal largesse at a time when war and careless marriage had thinned the royal coffers.

In Spain its Tuesday 13th, Martes Trece, that is considered unlucky. A suggested origin of the superstitions attached to Friday 13th is Friday, 13 October 1307. The date at which the suppression of the Templars began at the initiation of Philip IV of France, among others, when hundreds of the Knights Templar and their lay staff were arrested and later executed. The suppression of the Templars released significant land holdings into the remit of the Crown and provided opportunities for regal largesse at a time when war and careless marriage had thinned the royal coffers.
"Pastoralis praeeminentiae" - It's just history repeating itself - History teaches us that we must never forget!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I will be flying into Biarritz on May 11th and plan to start out May 12th from SJPP. If i am too jet lagged, as I can't sleep much on planes, I may stay another day in SJPP. Im sure I will see you either way. Buen Camino

Last edited:
I will be flying into Biarritz on May 11th and plan to start out May 12th from SJPP. If i am to jet lagged, as I can't sleep much on planes, I may stay another day in SJPP. I'm sure I will see you either way. Buen Camino
Joodle: I saw your earlier thread regarding whether to walk the Camino or not. Glad to see you decided to go. My wife and I are both turning 60 this year (me in April and my wife in June) and it seemed like a good way to celebrate. We now have most our gear and are looking forward to the adventure. I'm sure we'll cross paths along the Way. Have fun with your preparations and Buen Camino.
Joe

I'm planning on starting out from St Jean on May 12th, unless I'm too tired and jet lagged. (I can't sleep on planes very well) and then I will stay an extra day and start out on May 13th. I'm sure I will get to meet your wife and yourself. My husband is staying home working on his Hot Rod undisturbed. He is excited for me and very supportive of my need for this journey. Buen Camino

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I fly into Madrid the day before, so I might see you on the way!

I fly into Madrid the day before, so I might see you on the way!
That would be great! We're getting pretty excited about our upcoming adventure. The time is flying by, though everything seems to be falling into place. We've been on several long hikes (25k) with our full backpacks and no major surprises (I expected to be sore the next day and sure enough...). The biggest problem is my clearing my desk before I leave. I'm hoping to leave work behind for the entire six weeks we are gone and enjoy the simple task of walking each day.
Joe

Joe, how about a message on your mobile saying "Camping in Yugoslavia, sorry, I can't be reached"....

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.