• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From Illinois to Primitivo in August

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Planning my first Camino beginning August 15, my 62nd birthday, from Oviedo. Hello to all past, present and future fellow pilgrims

Welcome to the forum, @bonniegrace. There are not too many of us from Illinois here, but I got together with another Illinois forum member a few days ago as he was driving up the interstate near me and we had a long camino chat.

Hope you will feel free to fire off primitivo questions. There are lots of primitivo veterans on the forum, and most of us are very much enamored of the route.

@LTfit is the forum member who walked most recently (I think), and her live post will give you some idea about the current (covid) situation. It sounds like accommodation can be a bit of a challenge and reservations are recommended.

Let us know how it goes for you, I think you will love it! Buen camino, Laurie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Most delightful private albergue in Bodenaya 645888984. Vegan or vegetarian meals, I am not sure which, but even this carnivorous peregrino found both the food and the hospitality fantastic. Buen Camino

Hello Bonniegrace and fellow Illinoisans. One more person from Illinois (metro Chicago) wishing you a Buen camino and happy birthday.
I am still holding out a bit of hope that I can walk the Norte in early September, and I am also planning to leave on my 62nd birthday.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello Bonniegrace and fellow Illinoisans. One more person from Illinois (metro Chicago) wishing you a Buen camino and happy birthday.
I am still holding out a bit of hope that I can walk the Norte in early September, and I am also planning to leave on my 62nd birthday.
That was a close second imo to the Primitivo (and with sand and better food)! Buen Camino to you also. Got to leave this thread…making me want to travel…

Planning my first Camino beginning August 15, my 62nd birthday, from Oviedo. Hello to all past, present and future fellow pilgrims

Bonniegrace, best of luck on your journey and please post, if possible, along the way.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.