• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From Pamplona to St Jean

angel_kas

Hi!

I'm Angelika and I'm starting my Camino on the 1st of October from St Jean. I would like to know how I can get from Pamplona to St Jean.. Is there a bus? Or I must take the taxi.. And how much does the taxi cost?

Thank you

Angelika

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I checked the ALSA International website and looks as though there will still be one bus a day in October and even 1st November.
Pamplona to Saint Jean Pied De Port 14:00 15:45 1h 45min € 20.0

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The ALSA website says that the 14:00 bus will stop on September 30, 2012, and the 17:30 bus service will stop on September 20. Individual date searches show a bus well into October, but tickets are not actually offered for sale. You could be the victim of ALSA serendipity on October 1!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Five days a week you can get to Roncesvalles on the Ativar bus line:

Pamplona Estación de Autobuses
(Jaurrieta-Pamplona) 18:00 Roncesvalles 19:10 LMXJS ATIVAR, S.L. 6.00 €

Your wish came true!!

I posted a query on ALSA's Facebook page:
Hasta ahora, el autobús desde Pamplona a Saint Jean Pied de Port solo fue de junio a septiembre.
El calendario en la página web de ALSA muestra un autobús desde Pamplona a Saint Jean Pied de Port en Francia en octubre y noviembre. Es el servicio a continuar?

Hi Sylvia, indeed it was, however the service of 14 hours remains until October, at least until after the holidays del Pilar. So selling on the web is correct. regards

(Usually, the festival starts the weekend before the 12th, and lasts until the following Sunday, so they last about ten days.)

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hi guys, I need help because I don’t know where else to turn. I arranged luggage transport from Paris to Santiago with casa Ivar. They gave me an invoice, shipping label, everything. I left it at...
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely...
I am trying to book a train from Santiago to Madrid on 7 May and find that all trains are full and also for about the preceding 3 or 4 days. If I go directly to the train station when I arrive...
I'm flying to Madrid on Saturday evening, and then catching a train from Madrid Chamartín early on Sunday morning. To those who have been to both, is it better to spend the night in the airport or...
Hi all! I am trying to finish up the last bit of planning for our upcoming Camino, in two and a half weeks, from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela. We are kinda doing things a little backwards, as...
Hello! My name is Molly. I have been wanting to do the camino for YEARS and finally have exactly a one month window later this month, from May 21st to June 21st. I am writing here to see if any of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back