• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Future Pilgrim

Chrissytime

Hi everybody, just joined. Planning on September 15, 2012 start on my Camino Frances. I must be crazy, but I can't stop thinking about this adventure and wondering at 56 why I need to do it and do it alone. I'm from Chicago, in golfing business. Anybody else leaving about the same time?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Chris,
Welcome to the forum,
If you look at the calender, which you will find at the end of the page you will see that there are two others starting the same day.

Buen Camino
Lydia

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi and welcome. Know exactly how you feel. I did my first pilgrimage alone at the age of 54 and really didn't know why I felt I needed to do it. The answers - and even the questions - appear when you're ready for them.

Relax, enjoy and be open to whatever comes your way.

Chrissy, Golf is a good walk spoiled. El Camino is the best present you'll ever give yourself.

Edit : Mig watch this space. Have you considered a Caddie to carry your rucksack? :) Brilliant!

Chrissytime said:
Planning on September 15, 2012 start on my Camino Frances. I'm from Chicago, in golfing business. Anybody else leaving about the same time?
Yes, from Jaca on the Camino Aragonés. We are good walkers but pretty useless golfers though!
You may want to stop near Cirueña, the village before Santo Domingo de la Calzada on the Camino Frances, and investigate the golfing potential. Promoters built a housing estate some years ago which has transformed into a ghost city.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings fellow travelers, I am hoping to do my first international trip at 57 and solo to walk the Camino Primitivo in mid-July. I want to book the trip through either Santiago Ways or Camino...
Hello, my name is Wendy and I walked the Camino Primitivo in September 2022 and I’m planning to walk the full Camino Portugues from Lisbon to Santiago beginning September 7, 2024, in honor of my...
I'll be volunteering in Santiago July 01- July 15 this year with the Camino Companions who offer services for the English speaking pilgrims, announcements at mass, English Mass at the Pilgrim's...
Hello! I and my friend Cecilia will walk Camino Ingles with start 4th of October. We are so excited to our first but not last Camino. Buen Camino to all of you.
Hi my name is Bryce (Australian) and I’m doing the Camino Frances starting September 15. My wife is 57 years old and was born without her left thigh bone. She can wear a prosthetic leg for very...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.