• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Geneva to Le Puy / Help wanted

Lahnet

If anyone would like to share there experience with the GR65 from Geneva to Le Puy, please help me and do it here :D

I am leaving in a week, and are looking for links, route descriptions, list of Gites on the route etc.

Thanks

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Lahnet said:
I am leaving in a week, and are looking for links, route descriptions, list of Gites on the route etc.
I don't know where you live- but CSJ have a booklet about the Geneva-Le Puy route. But unless you live close, it might be touch-and-go ordering it by mail.
Margaret

Sorry, I am from Denmark.

I will buy a guide in Geneva, but it would be nice to be prepared just a littel before avriving.

Btw I also need a place to spent one night in Geneva.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
The FFRP guide is very good. I found mine in a bookstore in Geneva.

It is not my favorite route. Quite scenic, but not so historically accurate. The book explains that they wanted a route which is similar in appearance to what the original pilgrims were on, rather than retrace their steps. The local towns have adopted it to some extent, and there are quite a few St. James statues, place names, etc.

In Moissieu sur Dolan there is a fantastic privately owned chateau which takes in pilgrims, not to be missed.

The final portions through the Cote du Rhone, into the Auvergne, and into Le Puy is quite nice.

We did the Rhone section during apple harvest---best apples in the world.

Have fun!

I had planned to walk this stretch last year, but due to circumstances changed nmy plans. HOPEFULLY I have attached a copy of the draft itinerary that I had planned (haven't ever done that before! - which is why I say hopefully!) Hope it helps. Cheers, Janet

By the way if there are different colours they signify the following

Colour code – France -green Refuge/Gîte d’etape, turquoise Chambre d’hôtes, and red Hôtel-Restaurant etc - but am not sure if the attachment shows the colours or not. Cheers, Janet

Attachments

• itinerary Geneva - Le Puy.doc
    51.5 KB · Views: 264
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thank you all :D

I now have a map printed on 10 A4 sheets from falcon269s link, and Janets plan is helpful as well. I think something on the right is missing on the plan. If you like to please send me a e-mail. habildsk@gmail.com

Thank you in advance.

Hi, are you en route yeat, what is it like? I will be walking it in August, did you get a pilgrim passport in Geneva? Are there other pilgrims/walkers? Go well, Gitti

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello,
There has not been new information on the via Gebenennsis for many months. Does anyone have tips for this route? Very little is available in English; all information would be very much appreciated. I would love to know typical daily stops from those who walked in the past. Is there a favorite and inexpensive place to stay in Geneva the night before starting? Is there a pilgrims' gite in Beaumont or should one plan to walk to Mount Sion the first day? Thanks very, very much for any help.

Hi, did you see my blog from last year? It is pretty much all in there. Beaumont Fromagerie is a lovely little gite by the way. Cheers, Gitti

This is my blog and approximate itinerary of this route, I did vary it a little in the end, you will see from the blog what did not quite match up, I have not changed the original plan to match what I ended up doing. Gitti

Attachments

• via Gebenennsis and RLS Trail 2010.doc
    98 KB · Views: 183
  • Via Gebenennsis and Robert Louis Stevensen Trail.doc
    31 KB · Views: 181
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back