• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting from T2 to T5 at LHR

jpflavin1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino 2024 unknown starting 4/1 from somewhere.
I arrive LHR T2 at 5 :55 am. I have a connecting flight in T5 at 7:20 am. For those with experience, do you think this is doable?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I arrive LHR T2 at 5 :55 am. I have a connecting flight in T5 at 7:20 am. For those with experience, do you think this is doable?
Go to the LHR website:

Connecting passengers
Transferring between flights? Our frequent Flight Connections buses will whisk you to your departure terminal without leaving the passenger-only area.
Get your step-by-step Flight Connection plan

Not a connecting passenger?
If you don't have a connecting ticket (not sure? Your airline can advise), begin by selecting your starting terminal here.

Last edited:
Thanks, Kathar1na.

They are suggesting I probably do not have enough time. Looks like I will be hoping for an early arrival.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Even with the shorter connection by staying airside, I have rarely managed to do it in less than 60 minutes. In theory it is possible but stressful. Sometimes transatlantic flights are early with a friendly jetstream but you can't bet on it.

Not a good idea if you are on a single ticket for the two flights. International airports in the US do not have airside transit busses for international flights but major European airports such as London Heathrow do.

As you can see from the instructions on the LHR website, the recommended route from terminal T2 to terminal T5 is different, depending on whether you hold a single ticket ("connecting passenger") or two tickets from separate airlines ("self-connecting passenger").

If you take a taxi or Heathrow Express or whatever to get from one LHR terminal to the other, it will cost you time as you will have to go through customs/passport control twice (first out to get to the taxi stand or train stop and then in again at the departure terminal) and through security once. If you can stay airside and can take the transit busses, you only have to go through security once before the flight to Madrid and no passport/immigration control at LHR, only at Madrid.

Buying a single ticket (if you can) has a big advantage and allows for shorter connection times between two international flights, such as US-LHR-Madrid.

Kathar1na :

Well, I have 2 separate tickets (United and Iberia). I am hoping for an early arrival and a little luck. If I do not make it, I will have to pay a fee to change. Such is life. That said, if I make the 7:20, I will arrive in Almeria early enough to start walking that day.

Joe

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi guys, I need help because I don’t know where else to turn. I arranged luggage transport from Paris to Santiago with casa Ivar. They gave me an invoice, shipping label, everything. I left it at...
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely...
I am trying to book a train from Santiago to Madrid on 7 May and find that all trains are full and also for about the preceding 3 or 4 days. If I go directly to the train station when I arrive...
I'm flying to Madrid on Saturday evening, and then catching a train from Madrid Chamartín early on Sunday morning. To those who have been to both, is it better to spend the night in the airport or...
Just a question. If you are walking the same or part of a Camino you have walked before, do you stay at the same alburgues as you did or try somewhere new?
Hi all! I am trying to finish up the last bit of planning for our upcoming Camino, in two and a half weeks, from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela. We are kinda doing things a little backwards, as...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back