• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting to pamplona

Jasmine shveki

Time of past OR future Camino
September - october 2017
Hello everybody
Thank you for this wonderful forum and all of your sharing, its been a huge help so far!!

My brother and me are planning to walk the camino frances starting on 11 september from Pamplona.
We are coming from Israel so I'm wondering what's the best way to get to pamplona? From Madrid or Barcelona?

I really look forward to this journey thats been my dream for many years, and also meeting all of you who will be walking at this times as well.

Thank you all :)
Jasmine

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello everybody
Thank you for this wonderful forum and all of your sharing, its been a huge help so far!!

My brother and me are planning to walk the camino frances starting on 11 september from Pamplona.
We are coming from Israel so I'm wondering what's the best way to get to pamplona? From Madrid or Barcelona?

I really look forward to this journey thats been my dream for many years, and also meeting all of you who will be walking at this times as well.

Jasmine
Hi, Jasmine and welcome to the forum,

Any way is the best way to start your Camino :)
It also depends on your arrival time/date in either Madrid or Barcelona, prices of the airfares to either of them etc.
Here's the quick summary for Sept 10th.
Madrid:
- fly: 126€+, 1 hour
- train: 35-65€, 3-4 hours
- bus: 20-45€, 5-7 hours
Barcelona:
- fly: 189€ (via Madrid), 3,5 hours
- train: 35-60€, 4 hours (I think this option would be the cheapest and fastest in combination with flying out of Tel Aviv (via Istanbul) at 116€ on given day)
- bus: 25-40€, 6-8,5 hours

For general overview and timetables see this page:
https://www.rome2rio.com/

Wish you both Buen Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you both so much!!!!
This was very helpful
I suggest if the arrival times in Madrid/Barcelona or Pamplona will be very late in the evening to book a private (pilgrim albergues will be closed already) accommodation and allow yourself another day for some sight-seeing in that city.

I suggest if the arrival times in Madrid/Barcelona or Pamplona will be very late in the evening to book a private (pilgrim albergues will be closed already) accommodation and allow yourself another day for some sight-seeing in that city.

That's the plan :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello everybody

Jasmine

See the service provider schedules to compare costs and travel time.

Renfe train from Madrid to Pamplona. Its an hour from Madrid Airport to Madrid Puerta de Atocha. Puerta de Atocha is reached via Renfe Cercanias from T4, Metro from T1T2T3 and T4, or EMT Madrid bus #203 (several stops at all terminals).

PLM Autocares provides bus service to Pamplona from Madrid Avenida de America direct. Take EMT bus #200 from Airport (several stops at all terminals) to Avenida de America station. PLM Autocares does pick up at Airport T4 on one or two buses daily.

ALSA provides bus service to Pamplona from Madrid Airport T4 and Avenida de America via Soria or Zaragosa.

Its 22 minutes by Renfe Rodalies/Cercanias from Barcelona Airport T2 to Barcelona Sants.

Renfe train from Sants to Pamplona. (this is probably best option)

Monbus (ViBaSA) provides bus service direct from Sants to Pamplona.

ALSA provides bus service from Barcelona Estacio Nord to Pamplona via Zaragosa (two tickets). Take Metro from Sants to Arc de Triumph (sp?) and walk 400 M to the bus station

Most read last week in this forum

We arrived in Santiago and after searching ways to get back to Pamplona it worked out easier to hire a car . It would mean picking the car up from Santiago airport and leaving it at a hotel in...
Hello, I am 16 days out from "boots on the ground" on the Frances route. As I am a solo female pilgrim My family wants to be able to find me any time day or night as I make my way across Spain...
Hi , I'm looking for some advice. I'm flying to Madrid and catching a bus to Burgos to walk to LeĂłn. I'm using a light weight foldable bag for my rucksack & poles but I would rather leave the...
I was trying to buy an Alsa bus ticket on-line to take us from Pamplona to SJPDP. It ask for a "document" and document number? Passport isn't mentioned and it wont let me make a purchase without...
Madrid Albergue near airport? I will be going on to Irun/San Sebastian. With thanks, fondly sandi
Some news that was posted on Facebook by Johnnie Walker which I'm sure he won't mind my repeating here. Not sure who his informant was. The post was quite long but I'll just repost it here in...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back