• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting to pamplona

Jasmine shveki

Time of past OR future Camino
September - october 2017
Hello everybody
Thank you for this wonderful forum and all of your sharing, its been a huge help so far!!

My brother and me are planning to walk the camino frances starting on 11 september from Pamplona.
We are coming from Israel so I'm wondering what's the best way to get to pamplona? From Madrid or Barcelona?

I really look forward to this journey thats been my dream for many years, and also meeting all of you who will be walking at this times as well.

Thank you all :)
Jasmine

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello everybody
Thank you for this wonderful forum and all of your sharing, its been a huge help so far!!

My brother and me are planning to walk the camino frances starting on 11 september from Pamplona.
We are coming from Israel so I'm wondering what's the best way to get to pamplona? From Madrid or Barcelona?

I really look forward to this journey thats been my dream for many years, and also meeting all of you who will be walking at this times as well.

Jasmine
Hi, Jasmine and welcome to the forum,

Any way is the best way to start your Camino :)
It also depends on your arrival time/date in either Madrid or Barcelona, prices of the airfares to either of them etc.
Here's the quick summary for Sept 10th.
Madrid:
- fly: 126€+, 1 hour
- train: 35-65€, 3-4 hours
- bus: 20-45€, 5-7 hours
Barcelona:
- fly: 189€ (via Madrid), 3,5 hours
- train: 35-60€, 4 hours (I think this option would be the cheapest and fastest in combination with flying out of Tel Aviv (via Istanbul) at 116€ on given day)
- bus: 25-40€, 6-8,5 hours

For general overview and timetables see this page:
https://www.rome2rio.com/

Wish you both Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you both so much!!!!
This was very helpful
I suggest if the arrival times in Madrid/Barcelona or Pamplona will be very late in the evening to book a private (pilgrim albergues will be closed already) accommodation and allow yourself another day for some sight-seeing in that city.

I suggest if the arrival times in Madrid/Barcelona or Pamplona will be very late in the evening to book a private (pilgrim albergues will be closed already) accommodation and allow yourself another day for some sight-seeing in that city.

That's the plan :)

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hello everybody

Jasmine

See the service provider schedules to compare costs and travel time.

Renfe train from Madrid to Pamplona. Its an hour from Madrid Airport to Madrid Puerta de Atocha. Puerta de Atocha is reached via Renfe Cercanias from T4, Metro from T1T2T3 and T4, or EMT Madrid bus #203 (several stops at all terminals).

PLM Autocares provides bus service to Pamplona from Madrid Avenida de America direct. Take EMT bus #200 from Airport (several stops at all terminals) to Avenida de America station. PLM Autocares does pick up at Airport T4 on one or two buses daily.

ALSA provides bus service to Pamplona from Madrid Airport T4 and Avenida de America via Soria or Zaragosa.

Its 22 minutes by Renfe Rodalies/Cercanias from Barcelona Airport T2 to Barcelona Sants.

Renfe train from Sants to Pamplona. (this is probably best option)

Monbus (ViBaSA) provides bus service direct from Sants to Pamplona.

ALSA provides bus service from Barcelona Estacio Nord to Pamplona via Zaragosa (two tickets). Take Metro from Sants to Arc de Triumph (sp?) and walk 400 M to the bus station

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Everyone, This second Camino seems to be a go, even though I am far from ready! (1st Camino 2016, 2nd attempted 2019, needed surgery then tried for 2020). I still don't have shoes! Lol I...
Hello, I was trying to plan on catching the 4:00 pm Monbus from Samos to Santiago. I can see from the many reviews online this bus company is not reliable and treats customers terribly (denying...
Hi all! Not sure where to post this (moderators, please feel free to move to the correct section if it’s wrong here). Due to a mess up of the Dutch postal service, the parcel I sent home from...
which is the bus to take to cross the town of Burgos and find yourself on the camino francès to the other side of Burgos? what are the stops where to take the bus in Burgos and where to get off...
Arrive June 1st in Madrid. The only train I can find gets me to Sarria very late in the evening with a 7 hour layover in Ourense. I am looking to get a taxi, private driver or shared ride to Samos...
Hello everyone! Due to my bad knees, I can't walk the Camino Santiago. Instead of going home, I have found that going from Albergue to Albergue to catch up with friends is the camino I have chose...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back