• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Greetings from CaminoDebrita!

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances SJPP to SdC Oct/Nov 2015
Frances Burgos toSdC March/April 2016
W. Highland Way August 2016
Camino Somewhere September 2017
Hi, all! Remember me? I certainly remember many of you. I've spent some time today just looking through the forum, and dreaming of Camino and lovely Spain. I have a feeling that 2019 will find me back there again.

My book is still in query stage with publishers, but things are getting closer. I've been writing a lot, and have had several pieces published in the last six months, including fiction, creative nonfiction, and some poetry. I've won writing contests and money, which has been exciting. I'm also back in my band, so my life is full.

My husband had a pretty bad accident in late October, breaking his neck in two major areas, C2 and C7. He was exceptionally fortunate to only suffer extreme pain and about a month of limitation. He is now walking well, and while he is a bit stiff, is recovering superbly.

My health is excellent. I guess you could say I think I'm ready to go on another long walk, perhaps in the Spring.

Sending you all a big Buen Camino, and some seriously loving love!

Deb

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi, all! Remember me? I certainly remember many of you. I've spent some time today just looking through the forum, and dreaming of Camino and lovely Spain. I have a feeling that 2019 will find me back there again.

My book is still in query stage with publishers, but things are getting closer. I've been writing a lot, and have had several pieces published in the last six months, including fiction, creative nonfiction, and some poetry. I've won writing contests and money, which has been exciting. I'm also back in my band, so my life is full.

My husband had a pretty bad accident in late October, breaking his neck in two major areas, C2 and C7. He was exceptionally fortunate to only suffer extreme pain and about a month of limitation. He is now walking well, and while he is a bit stiff, is recovering superbly.

My health is excellent. I guess you could say I think I'm ready to go on another long walk, perhaps in the Spring.

Deb
And to you and yours Deb.
Buen Camino

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Yes, I remember you and always enjoyed reading your comments! However, I don't remember what you actually said! 😄

Glad your life has been going well and that your husband is making a remarkable recovery after such a scary accident! Hope you can make your next camino dream a reality in 2019!

How good to hear from you. It sounds like your writing is going well, and I am looking forward to reading your book on your life in Cambodia when it comes out. Keep us posted! I'm sorry to read about your husband's accident. May his healing continue to go well. All the best in 2019.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Deb

Deb, oh of course I remember you and have always enjoyed your posts! You may not remember this, but when my mom was in her last days of life, you, along with several other forum members then on the camino, lit a candle for her. It brought me a lot of comfort, and I think of it often when I walk and remember her.

Echoing the kudos for you and your writing, and sending hopeful healing thoughts for your hubby, sounds like he was extremely lucky. If a camino is calling, you have to answer! We will be here with lots of advice and suggestions when you get ready to take the plunge, or are you a diehard “Francés only” peregrina? Abrazos from Laurie

Hi, all! Remember me?
But of course!!! I've been wondering if you had put the Camino off to the side. I'll be watching for your book and for your walking plans.
you, along with several other forum members then on the camino, lit a candle for her. It brought me a lot of comfort, and I think of it often when I walk and remember her.
Thanks for reminding us! I was one of those people, and that was the year I walked 30+ km several days in a row in order to meet up with @CaminoDebrita and a couple of other forum members in Santiago, the day before they were leaving.

I am not a religious person but it gave me pleasure to light the candle, as I had also lost my mother the year before and have left some ashes of both my parents on the meseta.

Last edited:
But of course!!! I've been wondering if you had put the Camino off to the side. I'll be watching for your book and for your walking plans.

Thanks for reminding us! I was one of those people, and that was the year I walked 30+ km several days in a row in order to meet up with @CaminoDebrita and a couple of other forum members in Santiago, the day before they were leaving. I am not a religious person but it gave me pleasure to light the candle, as I had also lost my mother the year before and have left some ashes of both my parents on the meseta.
@C clearly , I am speechless, I had no idea it was such a schlepp for you. Saying thanks seems so inadequate. Hugs.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Deb I was just wondering yesterday if you had been lurking here - hoping you were OK, because you had not posted in so long. So I'm happy to see this thread this morning and to know you are, in spite of a very full plate.:)
Quick healing to your husband and may that book see the light of day soon!
Buen camino, peregrina!

walked 30+ km several days in a row in order to meet up with @CaminoDebrita and a couple of other forum members in Santiago
It was well worth it...thank you Claire!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Oh, I very most certainly remember lighting candles for your mom--a variety of them, and sending photos of them, I think? It was such a hard time for you, Peregrina2000. I very much identified with your pain, having been initially motivated to walk out my grief when my parents both died, so close together.

When I walked in 2015, Dad had been going three years, Mom two. I just so badly needed to hit the reset button, and the Camino was the gift I gave myself to do that. It worked!

I loved it so much that I was on Camino ago about six months later, again. Then the next year, again. Then on the West Highland Way! Ah, happy times.

I will definitely keep you all informed. For now, I'm just being in my home, and taking care of business--every day! But I'm also very happy and content, and that is a definitely good thing.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Deb, you came to mind just the other day. Glad you gave us an update here.

So sorry to hear about your husband's accident - how traumatic and frightening! Hope he just keeps improving and improving and you guys can enjoy 2019 to the fullest.

Take care and Buen Camino!

Wishing you all the best with the finishing and editing of your book.....so lovely to read that it has reached this stage. Camino Blessings and all good wishes for a happy and Safe Christmas to your and your family....ps...I really look forward to reading your book, having followed you on the forum for quite some time now, when it finally comes to fruition.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Deb, sorry to hear of your husbands injury and hope things have improved. Glad to hear you are thinking of another Camino and I hope it goes well for you.

You were very kind to me when I was at a low point in my life, and I appreciated your comments and support.

I was SO amazed and impressed with your shiny personality, and got a really good feel for what a wonderful person you are----and what a wonderful couple you and your husband made over so many years.

My darling....good Lord, he's so dangerous to himself!

I just took an 18-hour course on Wilderness First Aid Training, in snow.....and of course, a huge completely unheated lodge in frigid weather--hell yes, I was in great gear, but I don't do well in cold weather, really. Not unless I'm on Camino and moving around!

Nice to hear from you. I'll be in Spain for a few weeks in October, and am kind of half looking forward and half remembering how much I hate plane travel.....!!

Just caught up with this thread and yes of course I remember you!
Wishing you well, wherever the path may take you.
:)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Can someone please describe the difference between the Wise Pilgrim print edition, the kindle edition, and the app for the Camino Primitivo? I mean up-to-date info, ease of use, etc. If I got the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.