• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Guide to the Camino de Madrid

peregrina2000

Staff member
There are a few people on the forum planning a trip on the Camino de Madrid this year, and at the risk of repeating information you've already seen, I thought I'd point out that JohnnieWalker's online guide is quite helpful. http://www.csj.org.uk/guides-online.htm

I also have some updates from my 2011 walk, which I hope to be able to attach to this post.

Hope it's helpful. Buen camino, Laurie

Attachments

• CAMINO DE MADRID 2011 updates.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 137
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you Laurie!
That was great, and especially your comments about the albergues. I haven't found such info anywhere else yet, and it's indeed helpful. And JohnnieWalkers guide is very nice reading, too.
Buen Camino
Susanna

Just a general request -- you've probably heard this before, but it's so true. The only way to keep these things up to date is if users report back. I'm happy to incorporate any and all suggestions and additions, so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send them my way!

buen camino, Laurie

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Laurie is spot on. Most recent experiences are always welcome on the forum. Also consider forwarding them to interested parties, some are better than others at editing :wink:

JohnnieWalker said:
The new edition of the guide is nearly (NEARLY) ready :)

Am looking forward to that. :)
I suppose there will be a new printed version too? Will it be available before I go, in May?
I want to buy a few things in the shop, but thought I wait until the new guide is there.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
JohnnieWalker said:
Susana

Max (another user here) is working up a new edition. I 'll do maps and a final edit. He's nearly there. If it isn't online by the time you are ready to go please e mail me.

John

Thank you John. It's nice to know there's good people out there doing a great job, helping the rest of us to find the way. I'm very grateful for all the help.
Buen Camino.
Susanna

JohnnieWalker said:
Susana

Max (another user here) is working up a new edition. I 'll do maps and a final edit. He's nearly there. If it isn't online by the time you are ready to go please e mail me.

John

For those who have PM'd on this issue - Max is the new Editor of the guide ( thank you Max) and he is on the final edit of the new guide. We'll put it on line very shortly and I let you all know when.

John

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back