A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Has Anyone Stayed at the Monasterio de las Huelgas in Burgos?

Santiago Photo Book

koilife

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF w/ son #1 (2013); Logrono-Leon/Salvador/Primitivo w/ son #2 (2016)
I plan to start my next Camino (Maseta, Salvador, Primitivo) from Burgos. I want to recover from jet lag the day I arrive, casually explore the city the following day, and start walking on the third day.

I've seen reference to the Monasterio de las Huelgas and their website references reception of guests. I am a big fan of the ideal of monastic life, the communal prayers and the intimacy of communal Masses, and I greatly admire those who live the life. Moreover, it helps make for a prayerful start to the pilgrimage.

Has anyone stayed with the sisters at the Monasterio de las Huelgas for a day or two?

Aside from being slightly removed from the central part of Burgos, is it conducive to use as a base of operations to go exploring for a few hours on the second day?

koilife

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF w/ son #1 (2013); Logrono-Leon/Salvador/Primitivo w/ son #2 (2016)
I haven't myself, but I know from others that they do indeed have a hospederia (guest house). See http://www.monasteriodelashuelgas.org/hospederia.html if you are interested in staying there, I would just contact them. Buen Camino, SY
SY, thanks much. I've been to their site and seen the guest house option. I was holding up firsthand contact with them until I had a sense of things from others on the forum who might have had firsthand experience with them. I don't expect a lot of firsthand experience with the monastery, especially given the other plentiful lodging options in Burgos, the monastery's distance from the city center, and the fact that most people are passing through fairly quickly. But, given the diverse and eclectic group this forum attracts, I figure at least one or two have experience.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 44 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 268 24.5%