• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Have you given a presentation about your Camino?

on.pilgrimage

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2001; Frances 2003
Aloha Peregrinos,

I've been asked to give a presentation about my camino experience. I'm wondering, for those who have presented: what are the most common questions (about what are folks most curious)?

Thanks,
Michael B+

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I think the questions depend on the audience. If they are walkers the questions will be practical and related to the equipment and accommodation etc. If it is a church group they may be more interested in your pilgrimage and the history.

Do not worry. Having walked the Camino you will be in a position to answer most of their questions from personal experience. I find plenty of pictures of the Camino projected behind you will give a good idea of the journey and keep the Powerpoint written slides to a minimum.

William is spot on. It just depends on the audience and what they might take away from your presentation. Might some of them consider doing it themselves, for example? If your audience is very mixed you can go through the basics in the presentation, and have some printed info with web links etc. for those who want to look into different aspects of it further.

I was advised when teacher training that people will only take away a maximum of 3 key ideas from a lesson/presentation. Build all your examples and anecdotes around a few key 'themes' that sum up the Camino for you.

Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My experiences are similar to William's and Tyrrek's. When I presented at work, the public questions were largely about the practical aspects. Most people don't (ever) quite get the idea that you can:

• walk that far
  • not know for certain knowing where you will be on each day
  • walk trusting that you will find shelter, food and water that night

Privately, some people wanted to know if my pilgrimage was seeking spiritual enlightenment, and were more prepared to understand what might have motivated me to undertake the Camino.

A bit like Brierley, I expect you will need to address both the practical and mystical.

Regards,

dougfitz said:
A bit like Brierley, I expect you will need to address both the practical and mystical.
Yes, but unlike Brieley don't weep all the way through. :D Sorry JB.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, I’m starting my Camino Frances on May 12. I’ve booked my first night in SJPDP, but I’m starting to worry I need to book more. My plan was to take it day by day and just turn up, but lots...
Hello all. Here to give a brief account of my (and many others) first day on the Camino on May 1. The trip to Roncesvalles was tough. I went Valcarlos route because napoleon was very ill advised...
I am wondering how you disconnect, in part, from the world. I have a couple of reasons that I need to be accessible but, I don't want to be constantly connected on this journey. Ideas?
Can anyone tell me if food is available there… anyone stayed recently? Cheers
If you’re walking the Camino Portugues right now I’d recommend you avoid the complementario route into Pontevedra. While it is quiet and green and follows the river, it’s also a muddy mess. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back