• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hello From Canada

cookie

Hi to everyone.
I've been reading this forum for at least 4 years and it's a wonderful fountain of info and wise tips. I'd walked the Camino Frances from SJP to Santiago back in July-Aug. 2007, and the urge to return just gets stronger. So I've given in :D , booked a flight, and the Journey continues. Plan to fly to Madrid on July 6 and return home Aug.8.
This time I'll be travelling solo and plan to start from Astorga. Although not a fast walker, hopefully I'll still have enough time to continue on to 'the end of the world' again too. I regreted not spending more time there last time.
So, now I'm dragging out the pack & deciding what to take. I'll look forward to meeting up with some of you along The Way.
Cookie

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello, Cookie,
It's not exactly welcome to the forum as you've been here awhile, but welcome to posting! We were on the Camino at the same time in July/Aug,2007 but I guess we did not meet.

I had planned to be back on the Camino as well in July/Aug this year, but my plans have been thrown into an uproar and now I don't know what will happen. But no doubt you'll have plenty of compañeris,
Buen Camino,

Hello Cookie!

I am also from Canada (Fredericton) (but live in the UK). I did the Frances and want to come back for more, but I am planning on doing different routes. I started off on the Via de la Plata for a few days earlier this month when I was in Seville for a non-Camino related event. This is a long term project (i.e pick away at it over the next few years with the same Credencial). In August, I will be doing the Portugues, starting in Porto. I would love to start it in Lisbon, but can't get enough time off work (they were quite generous in giving me a month off last year to do the Frances).

Bon chemin!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Really happy to hear from a fellow Maritimer! :D I'm from N.S. - just a few hours from your home. Hope your weather there in Spain is nicer than here. The rain continues. I'm getting excited about the trip and hopefully some nice warm sunshine. Good luck on your journey too. Cookie.

Hello Cookie:

Blessings along the way. You are about to embark and I will be a few days behind you. I leave SJPD on July 13 and fly home on August 14 I hope. I am from Alberta, but live in Chicago, and am an old Pilgrim but new to the Camino, so will send good energy your way and know you will send some back.

Bill

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.