• For 2024 Pilgrims: ā‚¬50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hello, planning for Le Puy to Santiago Aug-Oct 2022

Time of past OR future Camino
2022, 2023, 2024, 2025
Hello. This is my first post. I've been on here a few months, so I figure its about time.

I live in the United States (Michigan) and plan on walking from Le Puy to Santiago in late summer and early fall of 2022.

I've been reading lots of posts on gear, training, routes, etc.

This forum is so complete. Whenever a question comes to mind, I'm able to find a thread with info. Thanks to everyone that takes their time to post answers. It's appreciated.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

ā‚¬83,-
Iā€™m also hoping to walk the same route, about the same time! Pending finding a good house/pet sitter for three months, it may have to be split in two parts. Maybe Iā€™ll see you on The Way!šŸ˜Š

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Iā€™m also hoping to walk the same route, about the same time! Pending finding a good house/pet sitter for three months, it may have to be split in two parts. Maybe Iā€™ll see you on The Way!šŸ˜Š
Great. I hope we do! Good luck finding someone to watch your home and pets.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

ā‚¬83,-
Hello. This is my first post. I've been on here a few months, so I figure its about time.

I live in the United States (Michigan) and plan on walking from Le Puy to Santiago in late summer and early fall of 2022.

This forum is so complete. Whenever a question comes to mind, I'm able to find a thread with info. Thanks to everyone that takes their time to post answers. It's appreciated.
Thats gonna be an epic hike. I had planned to do that this year but my plans changed due to the covid still lingering. I think your smart to just plan on next year as things should be back to normal I feel. have fun planning and dreaming about your trip.

I walked from Le Puy in 2015.
Here are my thoughts and suggestions..
The two caminos couldnā€™t be more different.
Train on hills. There are a lot of up and downs immediately leaving Le Puy and you can expect 2 weeks of it or so. But it is beautiful. The CF is way easier. Especially because you have already walked 700k. The walk from St.Jean to Orison and beyond the first CF day that everyone says is hard you will be able to do in your sleep.
Overall I think the Le Puy Camino is much prettier then the CF but the CF is pretty for sure.
I know zero French and didnā€™t meet more than 3 or 4 people that spoke English conversationally. There are far fewer pilgrims in France. Knowing French will help. I was 61 when I walked and I was on the young side. Very different than CF. Most people are retired and walk with friends. Although they are fry kind and nice they are
not nor want to form A Camino family like the CF.
Most people are French followed by Germans. Even the Germans either couldnā€™t or didnā€™t want to speak English.
You need to do some planning and always carry plenty of water and food I France.
I canā€™t tell you how many villages would either have no shops or they were closed. They seem to be open only a few hours a day. The CF except for Sundayā€™s and holidays you will rarely have Problems finding food or drink and there will always be a pilgrim near by to help or to talk to. In France you May walk the whole day alone.
you will need more planning and call ahead to make sure you can get a place to stay I. The Gites. Get a Miam Miam Dodo guidebook it is I French and it is by far the best one. I didnā€™t have one.
I had a Michelin guidebook that was almost worthless in my opinion.
The food I. Spain is excellent but compared to many or should I say virtually all the dinners in thee gites a pilgrim menu meal or most meals are like a happy meal at McDomalds. The food I France forget about itt!!!!! Spain is cheaper for sure.
Now that it is post COVID you need to plan ahead and call the night before. By the time you go there should be lots more information.
Travel light it will be really hot when you go.
I started in early September and it was very hot for a few weeks and then plan hot until about the Meseta. You can always buy things if you need them. You definitely wonā€™t need a sleeping bag I France. Personally I think you should wear trail runners you definitely do not need boots.
But shoes are personal. Only take what you NEED. Nothing else you arenā€™t going across the Artic with Admiral Byrd. You will experence culture shock when you get to St. Jean because of the numbers of people.
i loved the whole walk but even though I couldnā€™t speak French and was
Pretty much alone the whole time and it was much more physically demanding I loved the Le Puy route. The contrast in many ways is quite stark.
Just my opinion. Oh yea you have
To pay more attention to the waymarks
In France as they are less frequent and smaller and because you are alone your
Mind tends to go blissfully blank.

Hi Bill!

Congrats on this pending adventure. You will love! I walked Le Puy to SJPP solo a few years ago and holds some of my fondest memories of all my travels.

Couple things ... I speak pretty decent French and I was super happy about that because not many people speak English in rural France. There's a joke:

What do you call someone who speaks 2 languages?
Bilingual.
What do you call someone who speaks 3 languages?
Trilingual.
What do you call someone who speaks 1 language?
French.

Lol! (But somewhat accurate - especially in the small towns and rural areas you will find along the Le Puy route.)

So I'd brush up as much as you can before you go. :)

My pack was the standard 10% of my body weight, so 12lbs, but after 2 days, I dropped that down to 10lbs. Le Puy is pretty hilly, so I found slightly less than the standard recommendations better.

There were lots of open spigots for potable water along the route, so I never felt I needed to carry a ton of extra water.

And all but a few days (and your host for the night, or the guide book, will generally warn you in advance) you never had to worry about food en route. Magical villages would appear out of nowhere where you could get a bite. :)

I wore Hoka One One Speedgoat 2 trail runners and they were perfect.

Hiking poles are a must on the Le Puy as it can be extremely hilly at times.

Anyhow, just a couple things that came to mind. Oh, I did bring a sleeping sheet, but that was one of the things I ditched early. The places I stayed (all but a few) had bedding. The few that didn't I was able to rent for a few euros.

Buen Camino!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Le puy tii Ok Conques meant to be the most scenic part. Planning to walk that next yr from late may as that is the prettiest time. Re Camino Frances: walked it lay may to early July kn 2018 and found that June is the best time as everything in flower, especially on the Meseta. There wonā€™t be many colours left to see in September as all has been cut/harvested. Regardless, am sure youā€™ll enjoy your. Walk. Buen Camino

Hi Bill!

Congrats on this pending adventure. You will love! I walked Le Puy to SJPP solo a few years ago and holds some of my fondest memories of all my travels.

Couple things ... I speak pretty decent French and I was super happy about that because not many people speak English in rural France. There's a joke:

What do you call someone who speaks 2 languages?
Bilingual.
What do you call someone who speaks 3 languages?
Trilingual.
French.

Lol! (But somewhat accurate - especially in the small towns and rural areas you will find along the Le Puy route.)

So I'd brush up as much as you can before you go. :)

My pack was the standard 10% of my body weight, so 12lbs, but after 2 days, I dropped that down to 10lbs. Le Puy is pretty hilly, so I found slightly less than the standard recommendations better.

There were lots of open spigots for potable water along the route, so I never felt I needed to carry a ton of extra water.

And all but a few days (and your host for the night, or the guide book, will generally warn you in advance) you never had to worry about food en route. Magical villages would appear out of nowhere where you could get a bite. :)

I wore Hoka One One Speedgoat 2 trail runners and they were perfect.

Hiking poles are a must on the Le Puy as it can be extremely hilly at times.

Anyhow, just a couple things that came to mind. Oh, I did bring a sleeping sheet, but that was one of the things I ditched early. The places I stayed (all but a few) had bedding. The few that didn't I was able to rent for a few euros.

Buen Camino!!
Thanks for all the info. It's very helpful! Bill.

ā‚¬2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Le puy tii Ok Conques meant to be the most scenic part. Planning to walk that next yr from late may as that is the prettiest time. Re Camino Frances: walked it lay may to early July kn 2018 and found that June is the best time as everything in flower, especially on the Meseta. There wonā€™t be many colours left to see in September as all has been cut/harvested. Regardless, am sure youā€™ll enjoy your. Walk. Buen Camino
Thanks. Spring would be great, but logistically the fall works best for me. Thanks so much for your help. Bill.

I walked from Le Puy in 2015.
Here are my thoughts and suggestions..
The two caminos couldnā€™t be more different.
Train on hills. There are a lot of up and downs immediately leaving Le Puy and you can expect 2 weeks of it or so. But it is beautiful. The CF is way easier. Especially because you have already walked 700k. The walk from St.Jean to Orison and beyond the first CF day that everyone says is hard you will be able to do in your sleep.
Overall I think the Le Puy Camino is much prettier then the CF but the CF is pretty for sure.
I know zero French and didnā€™t meet more than 3 or 4 people that spoke English conversationally. There are far fewer pilgrims in France. Knowing French will help. I was 61 when I walked and I was on the young side. Very different than CF. Most people are retired and walk with friends. Although they are fry kind and nice they are
not nor want to form A Camino family like the CF.
Most people are French followed by Germans. Even the Germans either couldnā€™t or didnā€™t want to speak English.
You need to do some planning and always carry plenty of water and food I France.
I canā€™t tell you how many villages would either have no shops or they were closed. They seem to be open only a few hours a day. The CF except for Sundayā€™s and holidays you will rarely have Problems finding food or drink and there will always be a pilgrim near by to help or to talk to. In France you May walk the whole day alone.
you will need more planning and call ahead to make sure you can get a place to stay I. The Gites. Get a Miam Miam Dodo guidebook it is I French and it is by far the best one. I didnā€™t have one.
I had a Michelin guidebook that was almost worthless in my opinion.
The food I. Spain is excellent but compared to many or should I say virtually all the dinners in thee gites a pilgrim menu meal or most meals are like a happy meal at McDomalds. The food I France forget about itt!!!!! Spain is cheaper for sure.
Now that it is post COVID you need to plan ahead and call the night before. By the time you go there should be lots more information.
Travel light it will be really hot when you go.
I started in early September and it was very hot for a few weeks and then plan hot until about the Meseta. You can always buy things if you need them. You definitely wonā€™t need a sleeping bag I France. Personally I think you should wear trail runners you definitely do not need boots.
But shoes are personal. Only take what you NEED. Nothing else you arenā€™t going across the Artic with Admiral Byrd. You will experence culture shock when you get to St. Jean because of the numbers of people.
i loved the whole walk but even though I couldnā€™t speak French and was
Pretty much alone the whole time and it was much more physically demanding I loved the Le Puy route. The contrast in many ways is quite stark.
Just my opinion. Oh yea you have
To pay more attention to the waymarks
In France as they are less frequent and smaller and because you are alone your
Mind tends to go blissfully blank.
This is really helpful. Thanks for taking the time to write it up. I don't speak French but it looks like I may need to learn a little before I head out. Thanks!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Bonjour Bill!

Bienvenue sur le site. Vous avez plus d'un an pour apprendre des bases en franƧais. Pourquoi ne pas commencer sur duolingo.com des maintenant.

Welcome to the site. You have more then a year to learn a basic french. Why not using duolingo.com today.

Enjoy!

This is really helpful. Thanks for taking the time to write it up. I don't speak French but it looks like I may need to learn a little before I head out. Thanks!
You will really really really benefit from learning some French. Duolingo and Coffee Break French podcasts.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
To reassure people, I started with no French but I've walked three of the routes in France, and spent a bit of time there as a tourist. I've learnt a few words of French along the way and I'm not hesitant to try them. Other than that, smiles, hand gestures, translation apps occasionally, have coped with all situations. Except for menus, where I take pot luck. Has anyone ever counted the number of different French words for "duck"?

You have some solid plans already and plenty of time to Modify and Adjust.

And be prepared to abandon them altogether!
French.
Or American šŸ˜‰ (as an American who speaks 1.5 languages I feel that I can make that comment)

Bonjour Bill!

Bienvenue sur le site. Vous avez plus d'un an pour apprendre des bases en franƧais. Pourquoi ne pas commencer sur duolingo.com des maintenant.

Welcome to the site. You have more then a year to learn a basic french. Why not using duolingo.com today.

Enjoy!
:)

I"m going to Italy this fall, so I'm trying to pick up some of that now. I'll turn to French after that!

Merci!

Bill.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
:)

I"m going to Italy this fall, so I'm trying to pick up some of that now. I'll turn to French after that!

Merci!

Bill.
I am currently learning Italian for a walking trip.

It keep the brain occupied and it is fun to be in contact with the people you are visiting!šŸ‘ŒšŸ‘ŒšŸ‘Œ

Ti auguro buon viaggio in Italia!

Walking in France does take a bit more planning than walking in Spain, and I was intimidated until I actually started walking - and I realized I was fine. With that:

- Walking all the way to Santiago can take around 75-80 days (with rests), and that will push you right up against your 90-day visa. It helped me to have an itinerary sketched out. I didn't actually follow it, but it was helpful to have benchmarks so I would know whether to pick up the pace, or if I had time for a rest day, etc.

- I reserved beds for the first five days, partly for peace of mind, partly because I was excited and wanted to do something! That was overkill, but I would still lock down the first three nights if I did it again, maybe up to Saugues. After that you'll have a feel for things and will be able to plan one day ahead.

- I would advocate investing the time and funds into a more rigorous French course. DuoLingo is a fun game, but if you actually want to learn to basic level look into courses like Pimsleur and Assimil, or web-based programs like Kwiziq and Speakly.

I hadn't considered visa yet, so thanks for bringing that up.

One of my reasons to choose Le Puy was that I want to do the traditional CF route, but I'd like my camino experience to be around 2 or 2.5 months.

I like your idea of booking first three nights. I'm a planner by nature, but for my camino, I want to take things more day-by-day. Your three night idea seems like a good balance to get me started.

I'm not great at learning languages, so I don't think I can get conversational, but I'd like to learn a set of phrases and expressions to get through. I'd be interested in people's thoughts about that.

Mahalo!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I'm not great at learning languages, so I don't think I can get conversational, but I'd like to learn a set of phrases and expressions to get through. I'd be interested in people's thoughts about that.

Mahalo!
I learned a few language tricks on Le Puy.
Control the start of the conversation for which you have already prepared some vocabulary. ā€œWhat kind of cheese comes from this region?ā€ precludes a question on something for which you have no vocabulary.
Donā€™t be afraid to offer a strong opinion ā€œI donā€™t like the cheese of Normandy, it tastes of the oceanā€.
Take a picture of a good looking cow and ask ā€œwhat kind of cow is this? Is she for cheese or meat?ā€
Or

ā€œwhat should I eat in this region?ā€.

It seems silly but the French love to discuss food and a few prepared phrases around food will break down the social barriers.
Learn to say ā€œ this cheese is not bad but in my village we prefer to ferment it for 21 days in a goatā€™s belly. ā€œ
Below is my photo that got me off to a good start at the communal table in Saugues. ā€œElle est belle , nā€™est pas?ā€
3FBC038B-F37D-4498-867C-8632750856C8.jpeg

Last edited:
You will really really really benefit from learning some French. Duolingo and Coffee Break French podcasts.
Another one is ā€˜speak like a Frenchā€™ on YouTube. Recommend to find a group of ppl who liked to meet regularly to practice speaking. Check on meetup.Com or create your own group. Am sure you will find ppl who like to meet once a week for a language exchange. I belong to several groups here in NZ for spanish and French. Iā€™m looking forward to the Le Puy Route in 2022 as I love the French language, the food, the culture and the many historic places

For Spanish I used the free, spoken, program "language transfer" It was very good, it has a French course too. It comes in the form of a dialogue between teacher and pupil. It does not put emphasis on memorising words and sentences but is based on the many similarities between English and French/ Spanish. That is why the course is named. "language transfer". I used to listen to it while doing my training walks for the camino

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
For Spanish I used the free, spoken, program "language transfer" It was very good, it has a French course too. It comes in the form of a dialogue between teacher and pupil. It does not put emphasis on memorising words and sentences but is based on the many similarities between English and French/ Spanish. That is why the course is named. "language transfer". I used to listen to it while doing my training walks for the camino
Thank you for the advice! I just listen to the conversation and it is easy to follow and the price (free) is good!!!

Also add my name to the list of those starting in Le Puy in late August. I have intermediate level French but Iā€™m sure I would appreciate the odd English conversation over dinner with a forum member en route. Perhaps it will be so!

And be prepared to abandon them altogether!

Or American šŸ˜‰ (as an American who speaks 1.5 languages I feel that I can make that comment)
Omg, totally! Lol. (That reminded me to add ... it was a Frenchman who told me the original unilingual joke.)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I hadn't considered visa yet, so thanks for bringing that up.

One of my reasons to choose Le Puy was that I want to do the traditional CF route, but I'd like my camino experience to be around 2 or 2.5 months.

I like your idea of booking first three nights. I'm a planner by nature, but for my camino, I want to take things more day-by-day. Your three night idea seems like a good balance to get me started.

Mahalo!
There's been plenty of good advice for you Bill. Having walked both the Camino Frances (2013) and Le Puy route (2015) I'd agree that the Le Puy route is more challenging physically but also, in my opinion, much more beautiful than the Spanish. You will walk through some of Frances's most beautiful villages (voted annually) and the steep inclines and sometimes hazardous descents are often worth it to get to the villages. I suggest you take a detour to Rocamadour (even if you do it by train from Figeac) and if you get the chance, take in St Cirq Lapopie ... both cliff hanging villages of significant history.
I agree that walking poles are extremely useful and we purchased unique pair of poles called Pacer Poles in 2013 ... worth every cent. They are light, telescopic and quite different from other poles in that they are ergonomically designed with contoured handles. Each person we showed was envious. I believe they are still only available from the UK manufacturers/distributors but they are certainly worth a look if you don't already have favourites. Check out the website www.pacerpole.com (they saved us on many occasions especially on steep, shaley descents)
Regarding language - we both had limited French but we found both French walkers and gite owners willing to speak English if they could (and surprisingly many could). Just making an effort with a few words seems to "turn the key".
There are far fewer walkers on the Le Puy route. On some days we saw no other walkers at all and it seems even fewer want to walk the entire route to SJPDP ... the French are mountain goats and they dislike the "flat" sections ... not that we found many!
Some gites are very popular and the "singing hostelier" of Ferme Gaineko-Etxea in Ostabat is worth visiting - it was a fun night.
Best wishes with your planning. Buen Camino

There's been plenty of good advice for you Bill. Having walked both the Camino Frances (2013) and Le Puy route (2015) I'd agree that the Le Puy route is more challenging physically but also, in my opinion, much more beautiful than the Spanish. You will walk through some of Frances's most beautiful villages (voted annually) and the steep inclines and sometimes hazardous descents are often worth it to get to the villages. I suggest you take a detour to Rocamadour (even if you do it by train from Figeac) and if you get the chance, take in St Cirq Lapopie ... both cliff hanging villages of significant history.
I agree that walking poles are extremely useful and we purchased unique pair of poles called Pacer Poles in 2013 ... worth every cent. They are light, telescopic and quite different from other poles in that they are ergonomically designed with contoured handles. Each person we showed was envious. I believe they are still only available from the UK manufacturers/distributors but they are certainly worth a look if you don't already have favourites. Check out the website www.pacerpole.com (they saved us on many occasions especially on steep, shaley descents)
Regarding language - we both had limited French but we found both French walkers and gite owners willing to speak English if they could (and surprisingly many could). Just making an effort with a few words seems to "turn the key".
There are far fewer walkers on the Le Puy route. On some days we saw no other walkers at all and it seems even fewer want to walk the entire route to SJPDP ... the French are mountain goats and they dislike the "flat" sections ... not that we found many!
Some gites are very popular and the "singing hostelier" of Ferme Gaineko-Etxea in Ostabat is worth visiting - it was a fun night.
Best wishes with your planning. Buen Camino
I agree totally with what you said about the Pacer poles, they are wonderfull. They are "idiot proof", meaning that the proper use comes naturally. They feel like a "prolongation" of your arms, thanks to the handshaped handles.
You say that many French don't walk to Santiago because they don't like flat sections. I don't think that is the reason. The point is that we as Caminolovers see this route as a Camino. For many french randonneurs it is just a GR route among many other walking routes

I walked from Le Puy to Santiago in 2011, started 15.08 from Le Puy and ended up in Santiago end of October. A bit hot at the start and cold and rainy at the end in Galicia.
I have walked the route from le Puy in parts in the years after in spring, as f.i. in May 2013 when I walked to Conques. I must admit that even if I am not very keen on heath I enjoyed most my autumn walk. May was cold, rainy and the paths wet and muddy, august was warm and the path was dry.
In September many groups walk for a week or two. I think it is the best to book ahead, at least a few days ahead.
Food was my main problem on GR65. Do book demi-pension at the gites. It is nearly impossible to get anything to eat outside lunchtime 12-o1.30 or at dinnertime. There are few places to eat along the route, many of them are closed after 12 Saturday to Tuesday morning, so are most shops too. I lost 8 kg on the 4 weeks from Le Puy to Spain. Since I am diabetic I couldnĀ“t eat much of all the potage and pasta I was served in the gites. On my later chemins I always carried food.
The last two weeks on GR65 was a bit boring in atumn with miles walking along dead sunfloweracres and cornacres. Went back in May /June to get the yellow sight but alas that was to early so I guess I have to go back sometimes in July.
In 2011 I was 63, and the route was not so challenging as I thought. I had walked 2 camino FrancƩs ahead.
I did not speek French, learnt some French in school, but never practised. If you are not very dependent on following all conversations at dinnertable, you will manage. There are always some that would try to speek to you. Learn the most needed words for shopping, and perhaps for a booking room conversation. Most turned to English when I tried to speek French.
Since someone brought up that Germans seems never to speak English. I learnt from a fellow German peregrina on one of my caminos that German people of my age never learnt English at school. She said her sister that was much younger spoke English.
IĀ“ve met a lot of young Germans that are eager to speek English and no Englishspeaking who speaks NorwegianšŸ§Bonne route!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

ā‚¬46,-
I walked from Le Puy to Santiago in 2011, started 15.08 from Le Puy and ended up in Santiago end of October. A bit hot at the start and cold and rainy at the end in Galicia.
I have walked the route from le Puy in parts in the years after in spring, as f.i. in May 2013 when I walked to Conques. I must admit that even if I am not very keen on heath I enjoyed most my autumn walk. May was cold, rainy and the paths wet and muddy, august was warm and the path was dry.
In September many groups walk for a week or two. I think it is the best to book ahead, at least a few days ahead.
Food was my main problem on GR65. Do book demi-pension at the gites. It is nearly impossible to get anything to eat outside lunchtime 12-o1.30 or at dinnertime. There are few places to eat along the route, many of them are closed after 12 Saturday to Tuesday morning, so are most shops too. I lost 8 kg on the 4 weeks from Le Puy to Spain. Since I am diabetic I couldnĀ“t eat much of all the potage and pasta I was served in the gites. On my later chemins I always carried food.
The last two weeks on GR65 was a bit boring in atumn with miles walking along dead sunfloweracres and cornacres. Went back in May /June to get the yellow sight but alas that was to early so I guess I have to go back sometimes in July.
In 2011 I was 63, and the route was not so challenging as I thought. I had walked 2 camino FrancƩs ahead.
I did not speek French, learnt some French in school, but never practised. If you are not very dependent on following all conversations at dinnertable, you will manage. There are always some that would try to speek to you. Learn the most needed words for shopping, and perhaps for a booking room conversation. Most turned to English when I tried to speek French.
Since someone brought up that Germans seems never to speak English. I learnt from a fellow German peregrina on one of my caminos that German people of my age never learnt English at school. She said her sister that was much younger spoke English.
IĀ“ve met a lot of young Germans that are eager to speek English and no Englishspeaking who speaks NorwegianšŸ§Bonne route!
We began walking in late May and one of the joys was watching the fields of sunflowers develop. I was so excited to see my first open flower, but seeing the whole field in bloom made my heart sing. A really beautiful, uplifting sight. I hope you get to see it too one day.

Attachments

• SF1.jpg
    SF1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
  • SF2.jpg
    SF2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • SF3.jpg
    SF3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • SF4.jpg
    SF4.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 4

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didnā€™t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I donā€™t mind socializing or...
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

ā“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back