• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hello!! starting astorga mid may-camino passport

Rory P

Time of past OR future Camino
may 2013
Hi all,
my name is Rory from Wexford Ireland starting in Astorga in May.
great forum and information, thanks to all for the helpful hints for a first timer
Can I get a Camino passport when I arrive by bus in Astorga to walk to Santiago?
OR can I apply by post/online before I travel to Spain?

thank you

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
You can get a credential in Astorga at the refuge:
Where it is obtained?
RONCESVALLES - Pilgrim's office
CANFRANC - Tourism office of Canfranc EstaciĂłn (Torre de Fusileros, located between Canfranc and the church of Santiago de jaca).
LARRASOAĂ‘A - Municipal refuge of pilgrims (D. Santiago Zubiri)
PAMPLONA - The refuge
PUENTE LA REINA - The refuge
ESTELLA - The refuge
LOGROĂ‘O - Municipal refuge of pilgrims
SANTO DOMINGO DE LA CALZADA - Refuge.
BURGOS - Refuge (Association of friends of the Way of Saint James)
FRĂ“MISTA - Pilgrim's office (Monasterio de San Zoilo)
LEĂ“N - Refuge
ASTORGA - Refuge
MOLINASECA - Refuge(Alfredo)
PONFERRADA - Refuge
VILLAFRANCA DEL BIERZO - Refuge AVE FÉNIX (Jato)
O CEBREIRO - Refuge
SAMOS - Refuge of the Monasterio
SARRIA - Refuge
PORTOMARĂŤN - Refuge
There are three albergues, so I am not sure which one Mundicamino is talking about! I think they have credentials at the San Javier near the cathedral.

There is an association that is authorized to issue credentials. It is next to the cathedral.

Asoc. de Amigos del Camino de Santiago de Astorga
Presidente: Octavio Saña Alcón
Pza. de los Marqueses, 13
24700. ASTORGA
PublicaciĂłn: IX Jornada

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Rori,
Buen Camino! I will also be traveling in May leaving from Tennessee to Dublin with friends, then on to St. Jean.
You can get your passport in Dublin at St. James gate. Hope that helps.
Mary

I got a credential in Astorga at the municipal albergue- the one at the top of the hill as you are entering Astorga when you are walking in. They just recorded a few details in a big ledger....
Margaret

Hi Rory

I walked from Astorga to Santiago last May and it was a great experience - really lovely scenery all the way. I got my Camino passport from St James Society in Dublin, jsut send them an SAE and €10.00. I was glad I did as it is a lovely document. Nicer than many of the ones I saw with people who got them in Spain or elsewhere. I will be using it again this year from St Jean to Burgos...God willing.
Good luck.
Carrie

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Carrie55 said:
Hi Rory
Thanks a million for that Carrie, I will do that and it will save a lot of time trying to get one in Astorga.
Enjoy the the walk from St Jean I am told it is also great but also a different experience from the end part
Cheers
Rory
I walked from Astorga to Santiago last May and it was a great experience - really lovely scenery all the way. I got my Camino passport from St James Society in Dublin, jsut send them an SAE and €10.00. I was glad I did as it is a lovely document. Nicer than many of the ones I saw with people who got them in Spain or elsewhere. I will be using it again this year from St Jean to Burgos...God willing.
Good luck.
Carrie

gigiel said:
Hi Rori,
Buen Camino! I will also be traveling in May leaving from Tennessee to Dublin with friends, then on to St. Jean.
You can get your passport in Dublin at St. James gate. Hope that helps.
Mary
Thank you Mary-thats a great tip and I will follow up
have great Camino
Rory

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Paddy,Have a great one! you will be 12 days ahead of me - how many days do you plan to walk and how many stages?
Rory

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
We all know there are a lot of bikers on the shared Camino path. I was knocked over in the town of Villatuerta and had to return immediately to the US for treatment after destroying my Camino on...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back