• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hello 👋 👋

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi just joined this forum and I am looking to do the Frances camino starting next march.....lots of questions on there way!@

Simon
Welcome to the Forum family. The EU might ban UK travellers to the EU as of Jan 1, 2021. That means delaying your Camino thus protecting the Spaniards you’d otherwise meet daily & will give you more time to explore what awaits you. We are all waiting with our packed backpacks, boots & poles sitting at our doors ready to suit up and head out WHEN the world is a safer place! Buen Camino 😉

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Welcome to the Forum family. The EU might ban UK travellers to the EU as of Jan 1, 2021. That means delaying your Camino thus protecting the Spaniards you’d otherwise meet daily & will give you more time to explore what awaits you. We are all waiting with our packed backpacks, boots & poles sitting at our doors ready to suit up and head out WHEN the world is a safer place! Buen Camino 😉
Its not looking good right now, but keeping the faith it will happen at some point.....maybe even next year now....thanks for the info 👍

With patience and more safety and more vaccines and lower COVID numbers I believe you would have a much better experience waiting a little longer than starting a little too soon. For the foreseeable future it is a little too soon. But help is on the way. Buen Camino.

Hi just joined this forum and I am looking to do the Frances camino starting next march.....lots of questions on there way!@

Simon

Simon, besides the concerns about the travel staus in March and Covid 19, which we have alerted you to, is there a reason why March is a good fit for you.? I actually love the Camino in March, but if you were to go in October you might have similar temperatures, depending upon how many days you plan to walk?

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Simon
Simon:

I am also planning on a late March Camino. Unsure which one atm. Wishing you all the best.

Joe

Its not looking good right now, but keeping the faith it will happen at some point.....maybe even next year now....thanks for the info 👍
Not quite sure EU is going to ban travellers from UK from 1st Jan 2021. Where is that information from?

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I responded to this elsewhere by mistake, but where on earth did you get that information that the EU may ban UK travellers from Jan 1 2021? My sister returns from the UK to Spain on the 6th Jan and they require a covid test.

Simon, besides the concerns about the travel staus in March and Covid 19, which we have alerted you to, is there a reason why March is a good fit for you.? I actually love the Camino in March, but if you were to go in October you might have similar temperatures, depending upon how many days you plan to walk?
I have not walked in March but I have always walked in October, November and, December. I have a feeling your advice about the time frames may be right on the mark. I would assume a March-April time frame would mean you go from colder to a little warmer. But I do not know how cold Galicia can get in April. I can say for sure that October - November definitely goes from
warmer to colder. But having said that who knows what Mother Nature has in store each year. I always babble about the fact that one year in mid October it was pretty brutally hot on the Meseta. A few years later I hit the Meseta at almost the exact same time of year and almost every day it was in the mid to high 40’s (Fahrenheit) with rain usually pretty heavy much of the day and a nice strong wind in my face. This year I hit the Meseta in late November and it was still in the 40’s, yes windy but not as bad as it was before Burgos a little rain but overall it was the best weather I had on my 3 CF Camino’s.

Hello...I thought March would be a reasonably quite time to do it as not to keen on crowds and of course not to hot!......I am booked for Everest base camp at the beginning of November so timings wouldn't work....(thats if we can travel then as well!!)
I will wait to see how things turn out but maybe next year for the Camino😔

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello...I thought March would be a reasonably quite time to do it as not to keen on crowds and of course not to hot!......I am booked for Everest base camp at the beginning of November so timings wouldn't work....(thats if we can travel then as well!!)
Oh and will do the full 500 miles 🙂

Wow!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Welcome to the forum. 🙂 Use the search engine and you will find lots and lots of interesting readings and I'm sure you will find answers you are seeking. Feel free to ask questions. Buen Camino to all your adventures. Stay safe..

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.