• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help! Airline lost all my luggage, where can I get replaceme

strideo

Hey, its been really helpful reading all the great posts here for advice and I'm sorry to have to ask for more help, but I'm crazy stuck.

Got to Biarritz and the airline has lost my luggage, including all the things for my walk. It's been 2 days and they still don't know where it is let alone how long it will take to get it to me and the alburge I managed to find is kicking me out on Monday as they've run out of room.

All my advice has been to start anyway, but I need to replace my things. I was wearing my boots but everything else I bought was in the luggage. Could you guys pleaseif there is anywhere between Biarritz to St Jean where I can purchase some gear, rucksack too.

Thank you soo much to anyone who reads this, any help is really appreciated

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
God, what a nightmare! I can't offer much help, only sympathy! You've got your boots so maybe just start walking. If you can give the airline a clear idea of where you will be over the next few nights hopefully they'll forward your luggage to there when it turns up. Good luck and it will be a Buen Camino despite this!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
There is a Decathalon store near in greater Biarritz.

21 Rue Barthes
64600 Anglet, France

05 59 57 50 00

There is a great pilgrims center in SJPP, and someone there could probably help.

The boutique Pelerin in SJPP looks llke it would have everything, might be expensive.

hi Strideo
don't go spending loads of money on new gear,the alburgues along the way have so much gear that as been left,enough to meet nearly all of your needs-Roncesvalles had enough to stock a shop last time I was there,backpack and sleeping bag may be a problem
hope things work out if nothing else you will remember this trip,
Ian

:( :(
This is the main reason that many of us continue to preach to carry on your backpack! I have done it each time and have no problems. Even if there are some difficulties...work around them and carry on your pack and equipment. I can't think of anything worse than to start off a Camino this way. :shock:
I am very sorry for the OP.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
It's an adventure!

I agree with the advice not to buy too much.
Check the FREE BOX in each albergue and you'll be stocked up in no time!
Buen Camino!

Thank you all so much for your help and sentiments, it's very appreciated and made me feel alot less stressed.

I will keep your advice in mind, stock up only on basics and next time take my luggage on with me!

You guys are lifesavers, thank you thank you thank you!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi Strideo. Please let us know how you get on. I suspect most of us plan and sometimes overplan. If you pull this one off in such adverse circumstances you'll be a great example for all the people still at home who are stressed about what to pack etc. I hope and I'm sure all will end up well.

Crikey! that's a character building event. get the minimum and just go. When you get to the refuge at Roncesvalles you will find shelves full of items discarded by overloaded pilgrims - help yourself to what you need.
seems hard, but 'all is well' :wink:

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Snoring (another post ...) After 4 days of seriously noisy snorers in albergues, I was getting increasingly drained during the day. At one point, I was thinking whether I can continue, whether I...
Hi All! I will arrive SDC on 5/17 and need a bed for 5/17 & 18. I can't find anything ,( well, the Parador for 800eu). Any & all help is greatly appreciated. I've checked gronze and all apps...
Hello; I started my camino on May 15th, today husband and I walked from Roncesvalles to Zubiri. I did the Camino in 2019 and the path from alto erro to Zubiri has eroded and is more hazardous...
We all know there are a lot of bikers on the shared Camino path. I was knocked over in the town of Villatuerta and had to return immediately to the US for treatment after destroying my Camino on...
Now it's done, and I'm showered, fed and generally numbed with alcohol, it was great. Fortunately, the weather was cool all day, the rain held off and the terrain was rolling countryside. But...
I've been reading about the different routes etc and I have seen that the longest route is over a month, but also that some people just walk for a weekend or a few days or a week. I want to do a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back