• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help No accomodation in Hospital de Bruma

Cityjune

Time of past OR future Camino
17/04/2023
Dear all. I am walking the camino Ingles in the first week of september and hope to be in Bruma on the 5th September but have just tried to book a room but all the places I’ve tried so far are booked out
Albergue san Lorenzo, Meson novo and Hotel Canaima have no room .

Any suggestions please for alternative accommodation
Or should I just try to get to the municipal albergue early and queue?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Dear all. I am walking the camino Ingles in the first week of september and hope to be in Bruma on the 5th September but have just tried to book a room but all the places I’ve tried so far are booked out

Have you contacted the places directly? That would be my first suggestion. My second, a taxi forward or back, and tomorrow, likewise a taxi, so you can know your steps are true and continuous.
edit: of course the municipal is an option, but for the fleet of foot...

Albergue de peregrinos de Hospital de Bruma has 22 beds and does not take reservations. You are likely to get a bed there without difficulty if you get there early enough. They open at 13:00.

It looks like there is a significant surge in accommodation demand in that area around those dates as even accommodations several km off camino appear to have no vacancies. Some local fiera or a large walking group? You may wish to try hanging back for a day or two after which things seem to open out a bit.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Albergue de peregrinos de Hospital de Bruma has 22 beds and does not take reservations. You are likely to get a bed there without difficulty if you get there early enough. They open at 13:00.

It looks like there is a significant surge in accommodation demand in that area around those dates as even accommodations several km off camino appear to have no vacancies. Some local fiera or a large walking group? You may wish to try hanging back for a day or two after which things seem to open out a bit.
Sorry, @Tincatinker , I cannot resist:

IMG_4604.jpeg

@Cityjune, you can always try. It was exactly the same in early April when I walked, many people had to walk on (another 10 km) or get a taxi. Some were queuing at the municipal at 11am!
Same again just last week, when a friend of mine walked.
Or re- look at your staging. Most do (Neda) Pontdeume- Bentanzos- Bruma- Sigüeiro- Santiago
Consider instead a short day on day 1, Neda, and then Mino-Presedo- Sigüeiro- Santiago for example.
There are lot’s of other variants, depending on how far you want to/can walk each day.
How long have you allowed, and how trail fit are you?

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Have you contacted the places directly? That would be my first suggestion. My second, a taxi forward or back, and tomorrow, likewise a taxi, so you can know your steps are true and continuous.
edit: of course the municipal is an option, but for the fleet of foot...
I emailed them and also tried to book on line. Should I phone ?them ?

I emailed them and also tried to book on line. Should I phone ?them ?
I would ring them, no matter what. Having learned a lot over these years hold your dismay to yourself and just say what you need, if the answer is no, plan b...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
@Cityjune, you can always try. It was exactly the same in early April when I walked, many people had to walk on (another 10 km) or get a taxi. Some were queuing at the municipal at 11am!
Same again just last week, when a friend of mine walked.
Or re- look at your staging. Most do (Neda) Pontdeume- Bentanzos- Bruma- Sigüeiro- Santiago
Consider instead a short day on day 1, Neda, and then Mino-Presedo- Sigüeiro- Santiago for example.
There are lot’s of other variants, depending on how far you want to/can walk each day.
How long have you allowed, and how trail fit are you?
We’re planning on doing the classic
Pontdeume- Bentanzos- Bruma- Sigüeiro- Santiago. I really want to go to Betanzos and sigeuiro but happy to miss Bruma. I’m pretty fit - found the First week of the camino Frances ( earlier this year) pretty easy for example.

Incidentally, Presedo- Sigüero would be a long day- around 36km from memory. You could add a day, and stop in Bruma ( because Presedo Bruma is short, you should easily beat the crowd starting in Bentasnos- or you could continue on to Ordes/ Poulo, and either walk a short day the next to Sigüero - or simply walk from there to Santiago….(30km)

I can’t type fast enough 🤣. You answered whilst I was typing.
Ok, skip Bruma, if you are fairly fit it’s around 34 km from Bentasnos to Poulo.
Incidentally, my friend that walked in last week did it in 3 days. To be fair, she had just walked the Primitivo …

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Ok, skip Bruma, if you are fairly fit it’s around 34 km from Bentasnos to Poulo.
Incidentally, my friend that walked in last week did it in 3 days. To be fair, she had just walked the Primitivo …
Sweet Lord - 3 days, Camino Ingles?

Two years ago I had trouble finding a bed in those places. I booked a room at Hotel Barreiro 3km up the road to Ordes. I took a taxi there from meson do Vento, and then another to Bruma next morning.
The hotel was actually rather pleasant. They offered a pilgrim meal which was good - there were other pilgrims staying.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
That is probably the most common reason for people to post on the forum that no beds are available, when in fact there are.

Glad you found somewhere to stay!
Yup. Time for that reminder that when Booking.com says all room are full, they actually only mean their allocated rooms are full. Most venues keep some rooms out of booking sites to avoid paying their fees, so it's always good to check with them directly!

Sweet Lord - 3 days, Camino Ingles?

Sorry, off topic I know but yep, 3 days. She'd intended to do Pontdeume - Bruma, but B. Was full on arrival and they wouldn't even let her pitch her tent. I think she walked 55 km that day... . Too tired on arrival even to eat.
She said that the 31km into Santiago the next day was a breaze in comparison!

Thankyou for your responses. Panic over. I’ve just managed to book hotel cainama. Booking. Com said it was full but The hotel website had availability .

I am walking the Ingles also in that week. I looked at bookingdotcom and indeed all full but I mailed them directly with more success.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
3 days?omg I'd die.

Sorry, off topic I know but yep, 3 days. She'd intended to do Pontdeume - Bruma, but B. Was full on arrival and they wouldn't even let her pitch her tent. I think she walked 55 km that day... . Too tired on arrival even to eat.
She said that the 31km into Santiago the next day was a breaze in comparison!
Wow. I’ll try that one day

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Yup. Time for that reminder that when Booking.com says all room are full, they actually only mean their allocated rooms are full. Most venues keep some rooms out of booking sites to avoid paying their fees, so it's always good to check with them directly!
Maybe worth reviewing the booking tab on this app which only seems to take me to booking.com

If you can walk on or get a taxi there is a lovely new municipal albergue at Poulo O Outiero. It has 42 bed. I stayed there about four weeks ago with my family group and there were about three others there.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am walking the Ingles also in that week. I looked at bookingdotcom and indeed all full but I mailed them directly with more success.
I agree 👍 I'm walking the Inglés the week after you and found the same issue with Booking.com showing full. But calling the premises direct and following up with an email got me sorted too.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back