A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Ad

Luggage Storage in Santiago

- Ship your things to Santiago, pick them up when you arrive.

Advertisement

Help/suggestions for Portuguese Coastal

Camino(s) past & future
Planning to walk Camino Frances
Hi all!

I just finished the Camino Francés and now want to walk the Portuguese Coastal route! Only I will do it backwards....so from Santiago down to Porto.

Can anyone give me info on the suggested stops so I can work out a route? I have read that it is nice to mix it with the espiritual variation which I would love to do.

Any help, suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks so much!!!

Advertisment

boski

Camino(s) past & future
Norte/primitivo (15)
Hi all!

I just finished the Camino Francés and now want to walk the Portuguese Coastal route! Only I will do it backwards....so from Santiago down to Porto.

Can anyone give me info on the suggested stops so I can work out a route? I have read that it is nice to mix it with the espiritual variation which I would love to do.

I did the costal route and the spiritual variant last month. Download trailsmart it has everything thing u need to plan your trip.

Camino(s) past & future
I did the costal route and the spiritual variant last month. Download trailsmart it has everything thing u need to plan your trip.
Thanks! Was it a nice route? Any parts you would skip? I also want to walk the Norte so happy to skip bits if not so nice

Camino(s) past & future
Portugués, Francés, Le Puy, Rota Vicentina, De Soulac, Norte, Madrid-Salv-Primitivo

Advertisment

boski

Camino(s) past & future
Norte/primitivo (15)
Thanks! Was it a nice route? Any parts you would skip? I also want to walk the Norte so happy to skip bits if not so nice
I have also done the Norte the first 10 days r challenging and I did it in late August so it was hot and pretty crowded. As for skipping parts of the costal, the only city I didn't like was viana do Castelo. The bridge crossing is dangerous and we had a very bad experience in the albergue there.

Camino(s) past & future
I have also done the Norte the first 10 days r challenging and I did it in late August so it was hot and pretty crowded. As for skipping parts of the costal, the only city I didn't like was viana do Castelo. The bridge crossing is dangerous and we had a very bad experience in the albergue there.
Thanks Boski! Did you do the Norte in reverse? That’s what I’ll be doing. Wondering how challenging that will be

boski

Camino(s) past & future
Norte/primitivo (15)
Thanks Boski! Did you do the Norte in reverse? That’s what I’ll be doing. Wondering how challenging that will be
No I did the Norte the "normal" way but honestly backwards might b better bc u would b in hiking shape for the hard parts

Walking Lover

Camino(s) past & future
CdS from Leon to Santiago, June 16, 2016 to June 30, 2016.
Hi all!

Brierley's book. We did the coastal for two days and loved it.

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 27 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 95 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 157 26.0%