• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Help with TeleScope Handsfree Umbrella!

Leigh Lorayne

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2015)
Camino del Norte Irun to Ribadasella (2016)
Camino Primitivo Oviedo to Santiago (2016)
This recently purchased umbrella has been working great. Now 12 days from departure the umbrella cannot be completely opened because the locking pin doesn’t line up with the locking mechanism. Any thoughts? I don’t know what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks! Your answer helped my husband and I to refocus and solve the problem. I think the issue happened because of ‘gentleness’! My hand needs to be on the ridges at the bottom of the slider and not close to the top where it is more flexible and moveable. Combined with position of my hand and being too aggressive in collapsing the umbrella I think I somehow rotated the locking mechanism 180 degrees out of alignment with the pin! Solved now and lesson learned. I so appreciate your reponse and this forum.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi… I can’t offer any help… but can I ask where you purchased this one from..(?)- good luck

Same thing happened to mine before my Camino i couldn't figure it out!
My daughter came home and sorted it.
Once lined up with the locking channel she put a very very small dot of super glue on the outside edge and it's now three years on and never happened again!

Hi… I can’t offer any help… but can I ask where you purchased this one from..(?)- good luck
They are available in the Forum Store

If you are in the US you can also order here:

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum