• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New handsfree umbrella holder

trecile

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, Norte, Salvador, Primitivo, Portuguese
I came across this new type of handsfree umbrella holder on ETSY recently. It seems like it would be a lot easier to use than bungees and other things that people use to attach their umbrellas to their backpacks. It works similarly to the clips on the Euroschirm handsfree umbrella.

Handsfree umbrella holder on ETSY

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
THanks for posting this- I want to get one and messaged the maker- Looks like a lot of people use it on the Gossimer gear umbrella. I have a EuroSchirm swing liteflex ultra-light weight 37.5 umbrella with a fixed fiberglass shaft- I can't find anywhere the size of my umbrellas shaft to make sure it fits- what brand of umbrella do you have? Thank you!!!! it fits a 3/8 diameter pole shaft-

THanks for posting this- I want to get one and messaged the maker- Looks like a lot of people use it on the Gossimer gear umbrella. I have a EuroSchirm swing liteflex ultra-light weight 37.5 umbrella with a fixed fiberglass shaft- I can't find anywhere the size of my umbrellas shaft to make sure it fits- what brand of umbrella do you have? Thank you!!!! it fits a 3/8 diameter pole shaft-

I actually have the Euroschirm handsfree telescopic umbrella which I bought last year from Ivar when I was in Santiago to replace the one that I have used for the last 7 Caminos, and was a little worse for wear. Although it's quite a bit heavier than the Gossamer Gear umbrella (also made by Euroschirm I believe), I will probably use it for my next Camino because I know that it is reliable.

I just wanted to pass on the information about this new holder, because it works similarly to the clips that come with the Euroschirm handsfree. However, I can't use those clips because the diameter of the handsfree umbrella is much larger than any others.

I am tempted to cut my umbrella weight, but I do have a brand new handsfree umbrella!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I came across this new type of handsfree umbrella holder on ETSY recently. It seems like it would be a lot easier to use than bungees and other things that people use to attach their umbrellas to their backpacks. It works similarly to the clips on the Euroschirm handsfree umbrella.

Handsfree umbrella holder on ETSY

Looks like a good solution.
One tip.
I find those type of straps, can move around (rotate around) your pack strap, and I ended up with the umbrella shaft up against my head.

A really simple solution was to sew that clip to the pack strap.
I use a similar type of clip.

Obviously it is your choice to carry an umbrella or not. I know one person that tried using an umbrella and gave it up after their first windy day. I used a rain jacket with a hood and a ball cap to keep the hood out of my face. This setup has worked well for me on two Caminos.

Looks like a good solution.
One tip.
I find those type of straps, can move around (rotate around) your pack strap, and I ended up with the umbrella shaft up against my head.

A really simple solution was to sew that clip to the pack strap.
I use a similar type of clip.
This is what I have. It came with my GG umbrella, and it works great. I looked at the other one, and it appears solid. It was $12.00 USD on Etsy but the shipping here in the US was almost just as much, so I am going to have to pass.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I use the Gossamer Gear attachment, which works well.

The benefit of this new holder is that it is easier to snap the umbrella shaft in and out than some of the other types of holders.

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Hi! I am 15 days out from my Camino, and suddenly my Buen Camino app is crashing every time I try to look at my stages! I have rebooted my phone, done the "restore app" within the app, rebooted...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.