• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Here goes!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
About to book my outgoing flight for July 21st 2020. Going to be doing the Camino Frances from SJDPDP after years of talking about it. Excited and terrified. Looking forward to the planning.
Welcome to the forum, Lucy! You sound like many of us when we planned our first Camino! Those are totally normal feelings, but you will be fine...the terrifying part will melt away after the first day and you will be left only with incredible excitement, day after day!

Welcome to the forum, Lucy! You sound like many of us when we planned our first Camino! Those are totally normal feelings, but you will be fine...the terrifying part will melt away after the first day and you will be left only with incredible excitement, day after day!

Thank you so much. I'm loving this forum!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
About to book my outgoing flight for July 21st 2020. Going to be doing the Camino Frances from SJDPDP after years of talking about it. Excited and terrified. Looking forward to the planning.

A lot of us can certainly share in the feelings of excitement you are experiencing. Terror and anxiety can be directly related to having little experience when taking on some project or adventure that is as big as walking a Camino.

Much of the fear and anxiety will be shed as your planning continues and you begin to sense that all of those loose ends that are dangling around you, are being tied together. :)

1. Take a deep breath. Write down in large letters the reasons why you want to go on Camino. Place that piece of paper where you can see it every day. That way, if anxieties and fears threaten to overwhelm you as you plan, you can just breath, read what you have written, and focus on those reasons until the negative stuff fades.
  2. Keep jotting down any questions and concerns that you have.
  3. Go to the Search Engine at the top of the Forum pages.
  4. Enter the words or phrase that you want more information about. You will get a huge amount of information to explore.
  5. If you find that you need help with anything, post a new thread so that your question or concern can be readily seen. If you post a question within someone else's thread, you won't receive as big of a response.
  6. Remember that perfect timing as it relates to how you feel, scheduling, and day to day life issues, seldom align themselves perfectly. If one waits for such to occur, doing something like a pilgrimage will always be in danger of taking a back seat while you wait for that perfect alignment to happen.
Dave

Yes, planning, researching and imagining is a wonderful aspect to the journey.
You are now on the adventure, Lucy ...it is real and it is your dreaming that made it happen. I may see you somewhere on the trail. I am leaving the end of April...(Le Puy)..I am about to book my flight...walking the Camino de Santiago is a deep love that I can't (won't) shake!

Christmas Day 2013!
You’ve been waiting a long time for this 😄

Enjoy the planning, the excitement and anticipation ... being terrified is just the flip-side of the excitement, and it’ll soon pass 😉

Have you been visiting the forum regularly for all these years?

Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
@Lucyev , kia ora (greetings, good health)

Now for the hard work 😏🙂

To get stamina (and fitness) I suggest people consider a training regime that works up to:
1) around 15 km (10 miles) before stopping for breakfast; and
2) around 300 m (1,000 feet) of elevation gain before stopping for breakfast;
with your pack loaded and clothing as you intend on camino.

It took me at least a year to get to that nirvana. But then I am of an age when I an no longer waiting to be called up to fill gaps in the Rugby World Cup, for example.

As a result of my training regime when it came to leave SJPdP in early May 2016 I dressed lightly and, as the way became steeper, took shorter and shorter steps (one heel just passing the heel of the other foot) and breathing in rhythm with each foot fall. Even so I was one of the earlier arrivals at Roncevalles.

My training is intended to make walking 20-30 km day after day common place with all gear bedded down, so, come your camino you are quite comfortable and enjoying each day and have energy, and time, to spare to look around at whatever might take your interest.

Kia kaha (take care, be strong, get going in 2020)

@Lucyev , kia ora (greetings, good health)

Now for the hard work 😏🙂

To get stamina (and fitness) I suggest people consider a training regime that works up to:
1) around 15 km (10 miles) before stopping for breakfast; and
2) around 300 m (1,000 feet) of elevation gain before stopping for breakfast;
with your pack loaded and clothing as you intend on camino.

It took me at least a year to get to that nirvana. But then I am of an age when I an no longer waiting to be called up to fill gaps in the Rugby World Cup, for example.

As a result of my training regime when it came to leave SJPdP in early May 2016 I dressed lightly and, as the way became steeper, took shorter and shorter steps (one heel just passing the heel of the other foot) and breathing in rhythm with each foot fall. Even so I was one of the earlier arrivals at Roncevalles.

My training is intended to make walking 20-30 km day after day common place with all gear bedded down, so, come your camino you are quite comfortable and enjoying each day and have energy, and time, to spare to look around at whatever might take your interest.

Kia kaha (take care, be strong, get going in 2020)
Thank you so much! I will definitely take your advice on board. Took the dog out for a gentle 5 miler on Sunday. Not much but it's a start! Going to take a look at your blog when I get home later!

Yes, planning, researching and imagining is a wonderful aspect to the journey.
You are now on the adventure, Lucy ...it is real and it is your dreaming that made it happen. I may see you somewhere on the trail. I am leaving the end of April...(Le Puy)..I am about to book my flight...walking the Camino de Santiago is a deep love that I can't (won't) shake!

Thank you Gypsy9. It's an exciting time isn't it? I am looking forward to the planning and I think this forum is going to be invaluable. I hope we both get the Camino we need and want.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
A lot of us can certainly share in the feelings of excitement you are experiencing. Terror and anxiety can be directly related to having little experience when taking on some project or adventure that is as big as walking a Camino.

Much of the fear and anxiety will be shed as your planning continues and you begin to sense that all of those loose ends that are dangling around you, are being tied together. :)

1. Take a deep breath. Write down in large letters the reasons why you want to go on Camino. Place that piece of paper where you can see it every day. That way, if anxieties and fears threaten to overwhelm you as you plan, you can just breath, read what you have written, and focus on those reasons until the negative stuff fades.
  2. Keep jotting down any questions and concerns that you have.
  3. Go to the Search Engine at the top of the Forum pages.
  4. Enter the words or phrase that you want more information about. You will get a huge amount of information to explore.
  5. If you find that you need help with anything, post a new thread so that your question or concern can be readily seen. If you post a question within someone else's thread, you won't receive as big of a response.
  6. Remember that perfect timing as it relates to how you feel, scheduling, and day to day life issues, seldom align themselves perfectly. If one waits for such to occur, doing something like a pilgrimage will always be in danger of taking a back seat while you wait for that perfect alignment to happen.
Dave

This is a beautiful post, and I am so grateful. I know I am in the right place when I read replies like this. Thank you. You are right, I have so many thoughts going through my head. The search button is going to be my new best friend!

Christmas Day 2013!
You’ve been waiting a long time for this 😄

Enjoy the planning, the excitement and anticipation ... being terrified is just the flip-side of the excitement, and it’ll soon pass 😉

Have you been visiting the forum regularly for all these years?

Buen Camino!

Haha, I have indeed been waiting a long time. I have received the daily emails every day for years. Now I am finally part of it all. Thank you.

I’ll see you on the Way as I’ll be within a few days of you In SJPDP, have a fantastic Camino!! I’ll be the Canadian with my daughter 🥰

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Welcome Lucy, you will find so many interesting and helpful threads on the forum. There is nothing terrifying and so much to enjoy!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.