• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Hey all

Peligro

I walk between cafe breaks
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés ’15-’19
Primitivo ’21
VF ’23
Portugués ’24
I'm going to walk 6 days in early August from St. Jean to Logrono. I have a 30 liter pack and I'm wondering how much warm wear to take and or change of clothes. I have pre-booked all of the hostels but I don't know if doing laundry along the camino is really convenient or not. Any suggestions for how many changes of clothing to take? PS - I will have two days of worn clothes by the time I get to France.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I don't know if doing laundry along the camino is really convenient or not.
Doing laundry is never really convenient. However, everywhere you go, there will be a sink and running water.

If you are walking for 6 days and have 2 days of dirty clothing already, you could choose to carry 8 sets of clothes, or you could plan to wash them when dirty. You will need something to wear while the newly-washed clothes dry so you will need 2 pants and 2 tops of some sort.

As far as warm clothing goes, I would suggest having a long sleeved light fleece to wear in case there are cool evenings. I would also take a rain jacket.

Laundry one of the five thing one does on the Camino: walk, shower, do laundry, eat and sleep. Daily, day after day. All albergues are set up for handwashing. Some also have washing machines, some go all out and even have a dryer!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Welcome to the forum @Peligro And you can always share a washing machine and dryer with other pilgrims, which keeps costs down ;-) Buen Camino, SY

Thanks to all - your collective advice is really going to lighten my load. I'm sure I'll be back with a few more rookie questions. Buen Camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum