• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

hi everyone. im donal

donal

Time of past OR future Camino
july 2013
Hi everyone,
My name is Donal , im irish but im living in the uk now.
I fly into barcelona on the 13th of july and will be making my way up to st jean that day.
Does anyone know if that will be easy or difficult as its on a weekend?
Anyone travelling / starting that time feel free to contact me :))

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Donal, greetings from Dublin.
While I'm not sure of the answer to your question, I just want to welcome you to the forum!
Buen Camino!

David

clearskies said:
Hi Donal, greetings from Dublin.
While I'm not sure of the answer to your question, I just want to welcome you to the forum!
Buen Camino!

David

Hi David,

Thanks for the welcome. Basically , im wondering if public services ie trains are working as usual on a weekend?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
donal said:
Hi everyone,
My name is Donal , im irish but im living in the uk now.
I fly into barcelona on the 13th of july and will be making my way up to st jean that day.
Does anyone know if that will be easy or difficult as its on a weekend?
Anyone travelling / starting that time feel free to contact me :))

Donal,

Welcome to the Forum!

Weekend trains may be busier than workday trains, but there still will be service. The route to SJPDP from Barcelona would be RENFE train to Irun, RENFE train to Hendaye, SNCF train to Bayonne, then TER line 62 train to St Jean Pied de Port. For schedules see >> http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/horarios.html and http://voyages-sncf.com/. The LAST train from Bayonne to SJPdP usually leaves at 21:10 on Sunday night arriving SJPdP which is the last stop at 22:28.

In SJPdP the Pilgrim office of the Amis du Chemin de Saint Jacques at 39 rue de la Citadelle usually stays open for the arrival of the last train. Their telephone is 05 59 37 05 09. They can provide you with a Credential and on site lodging assistance. By the way the station in SJPdP is miniscule and closes for the night after the last train arrives.

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Hi Margaret,
Thanks for the info , it will come very handy :)

best wishes

Donal

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.