• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hi from Colorado USA!

Callea

Hey, everyone! My name is Callea (pronounced like Callie). That final 'a' is silent, but it's been a troublemaker my whole life. I am walking the Camino next May and June. The current plan is to walk the Camino Frances route, but that could change. I am a recent, but former, couch potato going from the couch to the Camino. I'm looking forward to all the knowledge that the experienced pilgrims have to share and all the excitement that the newbies bring to this! Now I better start reading. It looks like there's a bunch of information I have to catch up on. See you on the Camino, whether in person or in spirit.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Welcome to the Forum and to the unofficial fraternity of pilgrims, past and future.

The Camino Frances in May and June 2013 sounds wonderful. I have been an April/May pilgrim, and while there are fewer pilgrims, spring weather can be be a little extreme. One week I was getting sunburned, and the following week we had an inch of new snow. All part of the experience, and teaching me to hang on tight and keep going.

I know the "couch potato to pilgrim " transition. It is a lot easier if you start early, and make a commitment to walk 3 or 4 times per week. It doesn't have to be far, at the start. Two or three miles to begin with lets your body acclimatize. Later you can up the mileage, and as a final step, add your loaded rucksack. (I love that word. Europeans use it instead of backpack.)

Having made the decision to walk the Camino, your pilgrimage has begun.
I found the whole experience, right from the day of decision remarkable. Such learning, such changes! But that was me. It is unique foe each individual.

The Camino is relatively safe. Very little crime, except occasional theft... But if you use common sense you will be fine.

Buen Camino,
David, Victoria, Canada.

Welcome! We Colorado folk have the best training variety of all when it comes to terrain and altitude. Enjoy your planning and training!

Dave

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Welcome to the forum. As a fellow Coloradoan, I've done both the Camino and the similarly long Colorado Trail. Although both were great experiences, I preferred the Camino. Buen Camino!

Thanks for the welcome and for the encouragement. I, too, have found things beginning to change in my world since deciding to do this. I'm looking forward to all that is to come!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.