• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

hi going on my camino in sept,any pilgrams out there interested in free hse in ireland?

house/pet sitting

• is this rude to ask ?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • travellers helping each other

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jennie

Time of past OR future Camino
from st jean - estella 2013 ponferrada-santiago 2012.hope/expect to do full camino with y
sister in sept 14. we completed our walk in 2014?puenta la reina to belarado june 2016,
I hope and dream of going on the road again,on previous trips I meet people that did house sitting before ,after and during their time out,am going in sept with my sis and thought it may interest some of the members that would be interested in spending some time in europe

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Better be careful, jennie - Wayfarer and I might take you up on that offer and throw a month-long party in your gaff when you're away on Camino!!!
no probs with the party as long as you remember to feed the dogs,an irish wolfhound and a german shepherd;)

How big is this house of yours, jennie? Interest in the inaugural Irish Camino rave is mounting! ;)

Seriously though, it's a very generous jesture to offer your home out to fellow Caminoists. If any of you out there are even remotely thinking of coming to Ireland, Limerick is a perfect base to explore the scenic west coast. And accommodation here isn't cheap. Although, that cost saving might be offset by feeding those two gigantic dogs!! :D

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Well I starting my walk on sept 20th. Already chatting a few people that are starting around the same time. When are you planning on starting.

Well I starting my walk on sept 20th. Already chatting a few people that are starting around the same time. When are you planning on starting.
I am hoping to start the beginning of sept oh my god ! am so so excited as is my sister !I hope you have the best time,dont know about you but am giddy with excitement

How big is this house of yours, jennie? Interest in the inaugural Irish Camino rave is mounting! ;)

Seriously though, it's a very generous jesture to offer your home out to fellow Caminoists. If any of you out there are even remotely thinking of coming to Ireland, Limerick is a perfect base to explore the scenic west coast. And accommodation here isn't cheap. Although, that cost saving might be offset by feeding those two gigantic dogs!! :D
ah fear not dog food will be provided, n I live in an old cottage but have a big field for tents:) wayfarer n tinkerbell you guys sound like a laugh, perhaps the irish pilgrim party is not so daft ?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Darn!! I'd take you up on the house- and dog-sitting, but I'll be on the Camino Sept/Oct as well!!
Buen Camino!
Terry

PS -- I may be from the States, but my last name begins with an O' :D

I'm in :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I've 3 kilos of Irish ham air drying at the moment on a line in the back yard in our glorious wet, damp Irish summer so if someone can manage a few dozen dried out, all crust bread rolls, we'll be able to have bocadillo con jamon Irish style washed down with Maxwell House coffee for the true camino dining experience. ;):rolleyes:

Hi jennie :) have you and your sis booked flights yet? Where you starting camino and what date?
hi andrea,i am hoping to book the tickets today,yahoo,credit card permitting,,got to find it first though i have sucessfully hidden it from myself;)so fingers crossed -on the 8th of sept linda and i will be flying from dublin,yahoo so excited ! went do you hope to go ?maybe we will bump into each other .oh we will be starting in sjdp.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Darn!! I'd take you up on the house- and dog-sitting, but I'll be on the Camino Sept/Oct as well!!
Buen Camino!
Terry

PS -- I may be from the States, but my last name begins with an O' :D
when are you setting off ?my sister linda and i will hopefully leave dublin on the 8th of sept,

hi andrea,i am hoping to book the tickets today,yahoo,credit card permitting,,got to find it first though i have sucessfully hidden it from myself;)so fingers crossed -on the 8th of sept linda and i will be flying from dublin,yahoo so excited ! went do you hope to go ?maybe we will bump into each other .oh we will be starting in sjdp.
A week earlier :( I haven't booked flights. I only have 2 weeks! Going to Paris for a day or 2 so should arrive in SJPdP 2/3rd sept. Hope your a fast walker and we meet up!

A week earlier :( I haven't booked flights. I only have 2 weeks! Going to Paris for a day or 2 so should arrive in SJPdP 2/3rd sept. Hope your a fast walker and we meet up!
sadly we are not fast walkers,i think we drove dad a little bit crazy on our first trip,we kept stopping to look at the flowers,trees butterflys ,i am 42yrs young my sister is younger still but think dad at 62yrs was reminded of when we were prob tiny kids and had to be reminded to keep moving,,:Dso much fun,i really hope you have a wonderful time,

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
sadly we are not fast walkers,i think we drove dad a little bit crazy on our first trip,we kept stopping to look at the flowers,trees butterflys ,i am 42yrs young my sister is younger still but think dad at 62yrs was reminded of when we were prob tiny kids and had to be reminded to keep moving,,:Dso much fun,i really hope you have a wonderful time,
'Dislike this :('
Thanks. I'm sure u and your sis will have a great time. Hopefully meet another time!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We are all starting the same week so I'm sure we will bump into each other. Stick an Irish flag on your bags just to be sure :)
I'm departing St Jean on the 4th. :)
Great idea David :)
Have you booked your return flight from Bilbao yet? Or will you leave it and book when you are there?

I booked the return as soon as I knew my dates @ndrea.
If I was walking for longer, or had enough time to walk the full Camino, I would leave it until later on.
My return flight is the 16th of September..after I soak up as much as Bilbao as possible :)

I think so. I have just checked there, the flight is not booked out anyway.
A few hours on the train or bus is nothing compared to the walking you will have done though. :)

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back