Hi. I arrive in Lisbon Sept 20th 2015, to wander up to Santiago and beyond...

Vickiwi

Jul 14, 2013
Waiheke Island, New Zealand
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances September 7th 2013
Camino Portuguese September 22nd 2015
I want to walk for around 35 to 40 days. So thinking to add on Muxia and Finisterre, then maybe some of the coastal route, or even the last week of the CF as will be late October by then. I walked from SJPP to Finisterre in Sept 2013 and loved it. I am traveling alone but wonder how many people will be on the first part of the route from Lisbon to Porto? It sounds quiet even now in July. Very excited, less than two months to go!

Reactions: Mike Savage
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

peregrina2000

Staff member
Mar 6, 2006
Champaign, Illinois, USA
Hi, Vickiwi, Welcome to the forum,

I think you´re likely to find that the route is pretty quiet. I walked the route alone in 2009 and never met another pilgrim. No one living on the Caminho had any idea what it was. That is all changed, and you will find lots of accommodation options and people to help you out if you get lost.

I was in Lisbon in May for work and met about 9 pilgrims starting out from Lisbon during a one week period. September is generally a popular walking month, so my bet is that you will find others. Have you seen the guides in the resources section? They were put together by a very loyal group of forum members who have walked from Lisbon, and I´m in the process of collecting information from current walkers for this year´s updates.

There are lots of loyal Lisboa-Porto forum members, so ask away and you will get lots of responses, I´m sure. Bom caminho, Laurie

Reactions: Albertinho
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

JoanneK

Nov 1, 2013
Sydney
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances Part in April 2011
Frances April 2014
Camino Portuguese (Oct 2015)
I want to walk for around 35 to 40 days. So thinking to add on Muxia and Finisterre, then maybe some of the coastal route, or even the last week of the CF as will be late October by then. I walked from SJPP to Finisterre in Sept 2013 and loved it. I am traveling alone but wonder how many people will be on the first part of the route from Lisbon to Porto? It sounds quiet even now in July. Very excited, less than two months to go!
We leave Lisbon on the 9th Sept but are only doing 20 km on average per day so you may catch us.

steve balfern

Aug 21, 2014
Hi Vickiwi,
I'm starting from Lisbon 0n 6th Sept. Like your self I walked the CF and had a fantastic time although the last 200k were a bit busy. I'm not expecting to meet many pilgrims but have been in contact with Iris who is starrting a few days ahead so may catch up with her at some point. I posted a thread on Portugese forum

Maybe see you on the way

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
Hello, I am looking for contact to friend/pillgrim Ignacio from Argentina. He started Camino sanabrese from Ourense 14.may and finished 20.may in Santiago. If you know him, please contact me.
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides