• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hi there, new here so thought id say gday :)

adam sarantis

Time of past OR future Camino
camino de santiago may-june 2015
Hi all, firstly...love the site. its been a great help in making the decision to walk the camino, also along with the many hours watching youtube vids and reading countless threads on this site.
Well, im adam (hi) from melbourne, australia and after like many watching the movie 'the way' i discovered the camino and since have discovered more reasons to venture down this path as many have before. besides doing my 'tour of duty' for my country (army), ive never really hiked much before. besides the hike day here or there whilst out camping in the bush or along the coast. although reasonably fit, still young (36) and active ive started to prepare myself slowly for my camino, which will be may/june 2015.
quick question.....thinking of starting my walk from saint jean around may 10th, my birthday is may 18th and am thinking along the route where would be a great town to stop in at for a birthday party? provided i met enough pilgrims along the way for a party :)

many thanks

adam

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
First off, you will be happy to know that Australia is well represented on the Camino. As an American, I know it's always going to be a good day if I've got an Aussie to walk with for a few hours. You guys are good natured and easy to get along with, that is for sure.

Regarding your question, Logrono is about seven or eight days into the Camino Frances (depending on whether you stop for the night in Orisson). Logrono is a university town with a vibrant downtown area that may fit the bill for a 37th birthday party. But rest assured, the entire Camino is a party and wherever you are at on May 18th will be a great place to celebrate.

Buen Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi all, firstly...love the site. its been a great help in making the decision to walk the camino, also along with the many hours watching youtube vids and reading countless threads on this site.
Well, im adam (hi) from melbourne, australia and after like many watching the movie 'the way' i discovered the camino and since have discovered more reasons to venture down this path as many have before. besides doing my 'tour of duty' for my country (army), ive never really hiked much before. besides the hike day here or there whilst out camping in the bush or along the coast. although reasonably fit, still young (36) and active ive started to prepare myself slowly for my camino, which will be may/june 2015.
quick question.....thinking of starting my walk from saint jean around may 10th, my birthday is may 18th and am thinking along the route where would be a great town to stop in at for a birthday party? provided i met enough pilgrims along the way for a party :)

many thanks

adam

Happy Birthday for next year on your Camino Adam! I'm celebrating my 33rd birthday on my Camino this year and I am looking forward to partaying all the way through :p hehehe
Buen Camino

Hi Adam, this is Sean from Surrey England, and like you I saw 'The Way' and have been inspired. I'm unsure if I'm off this year or next, or even if I'll be on the north or Frances route. But when all that is sorted and if I'm heading on the same route, I'd love to join you for your birthday. I've got a couple of Aussie mates and like RobertS26 says 'You guys are good natured and easy to get along with, that is for sure'.
I'll keep you informed.

You might find that stopping at a town is not your preferred choice once you get started:) You will meet people from all walks of life, different countries, different ages. You might decide to mainly go solo, you might find that you meet people straight away and that you "gel".

When I walk longer distances, I find that I "gel" better with people doing the same, that does not mean that I do not encounter and enjoy people that live in the areas where I walk, but I do find that the people I meet become a "temporary" community/village

I hope you have a fantastic day, if you meet people that you want to share it with - buying some more "special" ingredients for a communal meal, a bottle of wine, some chocolate that you can share will probably make it special enough. However, if you feel like a night out - you're probably better off looking at different forums/sites. Party nights do exist on the Camino, some love them, some hate them... People are different

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
many thanks for all the warm welcomes. looking forward to chatting with you all more. :)

Hi Adam I am Deanna from Melbourne and doing my first camino starting mid June. My birthday is 6 July and I am hoping I find me some pilgrims to celebrate with. Logistically I don't know where I will be but I will be over joyed to turn another year older and wiser on the way. I hope you have the best birthday on the camino. Do it for your countrymen!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Adam, I'm sure there will be plenty of people willing to celebrate your birthday and wish you 'feliz cumpleanos'! I celebrate my birthday on May 31 and have no doubt someone will share a vino blanco with me. I leave on May 3 so our paths may cross! Enjoy your camino!

many thanks

adam
Adam have a great walk might see you at the Sydney forum meeting

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum mobile app

Glad to have you here.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
When is the Sydney meeting Larry? I might be up that way in a short while so might catch it.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
ADAM

Des and I will be doing a walk on teh Saturday so will not be attending the forum meeting in April we will go to the May one as is it only a few days before we leave for our Camino

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
If you are planning to start a Camino in October 2024, you are invited to add a post to this thread – scroll down to the last post, and create a new post giving your expected start date, start...
Hi, this is Nils from Tenerife. I'm excited to start my very first camino - let's see what it will bring! 😍 For me, this journey is very much like an inwardly guided shamanic ceremony, following...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.