• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hi.. walking Portugese camino

TanyaS

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning to walk Portugese camino in mid September 2016
Where is the best place to stay in Matasinhos....walking Portugese coast way?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Where is the best place to stay in Matasinhos....walking Portugese coast way?
We stayed in hotel Central. Found it on booking.com
Stayed there for several days. Very conveniant.
Alternative is walk to Matosinhos and take the metro or bus back to Porto , stay in Porto and next day take the metro or bus toMatosinhos again and walk from there to Vila do Conde

Alternative is take the metro to FĂłrum Maia and walk from there to Mosteiro do VairĂŁo-albergue-and walk further to Vilarinho and SĂŁo Pedro de Rates where is the next albergue on the ancient central route.

If the weather is very bad as it is now at the moment in Portugal better walk the route from FĂłrum Maia instead of the coastal.

Bom caminho

I am walking the Portuguese route from Lisbon and then the coastal route from Porto to Santiago. Hopefully arriving in Porto 12 September and leaving again on the 16th. Porto will be a rest break so I have decided to stay in Porto itself. I didn't find much in the way of information for Matasinhos but I obviously didn't look hard enough as Hotel Central looks fine. However, I am happy that I am now allowing myself a little "luxury" break in Porto.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks, I have booked 2 nights in Porto then taking a bus/metro to Matosinthos

I am walking the Portuguese route from Lisbon and then the coastal route from Porto to Santiago. Hopefully arriving in Porto 12 September and leaving again on the 16th. Porto will be a rest break so I have decided to stay in Porto itself. I didn't find much in the way of information for Matasinhos but I obviously didn't look hard enough as Hotel Central looks fine. However, I am happy that I am now allowing myself a little "luxury" break in Porto.
Hi, I have decided to stay in Porto too for 3 days

Hi Tanya,
We are starting the day before you. At this point the plan is to leave Porto on the 17th and walk the coastal/la senda route along the ocean side to Vila do Conde on day one. If we feel like stopping earlier there is an albergue in Labruge or pension Sandra a little further up the trail. I've been using the January 2016 version of the Brierly guide. He shows a few places in Matosinos as being reasonable. Barring bad weather we hope to stick to the coastal route including doing the variiante espiritual option after Pontevedra. Perhaps we will see you along The Way.

Bom Camino
Frank
Hi Tanya,
We are starting the day before you. At this point the plan is to leave Porto on the 17th and walk the coastal/la senda route along the ocean side to Vila do Conde on day one. If we feel like stopping earlier there is an albergue in Labruge or pension Sandra a little further up the trail. I've been using the January 2016 version of the Brierly guide. He shows a few places in Matosinos as being reasonable. Barring bad weather we hope to stick to the coastal route including doing the variiante espiritual option after Pontevedra. Perhaps we will see you along The Way.

Bom Camino
Frank
We are staying in Porto from 16/09 until 19/09, change of plans a bit, next stop in Villa de Conde. Hopefully see you on our way :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
There is an albergue in Vila do Conde which is not in 2016 JB guide .

Santa Clara . http://www.cm-viladoconde.pt/frontoffice/pages/655?news_id=2808 https://www.facebook.com/pages/Albergue-De-Peregrinos-De-Vila-Do-Conde-Santa-Clara/1624762727847276

Comments by others:Labruge to Vila do Conde on Camino Portugues /Senda Litoral. A truly spectacular walk on boardwalks hugging the Atlantic.. Just gorgeous. Most difficult decision of the day... which beachboard cafe to take coffee break. Albergue Santa Clara in Vila do Conde opens at 3pm.
Two new albergues have opened up in 2015 , 1) Albergue San Tiago de Labruge, & Albergue Santa Clara in Vila do Conde which is about 20km walking from the centre of Porto and about a km before Vila Cha.

We are staying in Porto from 16/09 until 19/09, change of plans a bit, next stop in Villa de Conde.

Hi, a great place to stay just before Labruge (about 11 kms before Vila do Conde) is:
Orbitur Angeiras
Rua de Angeiras - Angeiras
4455-039 Matosinhos
Tel: +351 229270571
http://es.orbitur.pt/camping-orbitur-angeiras

It is open all year round. Three of us paid 36 euros (12 euros each) for a nice little chalet which had a double bed and two single beds, bathroom and fully equipped kitchen, and there is a good bar and restaurant on the property. Jill

Most read last week in this forum

I have a new copy of the guide to Camino Portuguese by Kat (I think) XX. My question is: is there anyone who is going to Lisbon/ Porto who could pop it in the Albergue municipal/ or use it and...
Barcelos was having a huge May 1 celebration when we passed through. There was a major unveiling of a sculpture titled Peregrina the following day—very big event. We weren’t there, so I lifted a...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back