Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hoka trail runners in Oviedo?

katie@camino

Time of past OR future Camino
CF, SJPDP-Finisterre 2016;CP (Central) Porto-SdC 2017;CP (Coastal) Porto-SdC 2018;CF Leon-SdC 2019
Hi team,

Due to some unexpected achilles issues, I am looking to swap my Altras for Hoka One Ones here in Oviedo before I walk the Primitivo on Tuesday.

Can anyone direct me towards some shops in Oviedo that might sell Hokas?

The hospitalero has suggested De Ruta and Cavana. El Corte Ingles seems to sell Hokas online, not sure about in store, everything closed today. I'm wondering if there might be other shops some wise pilgrims know about.

Thanks so much!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The Hoka website indicates two stores that sell in Oviedo; you can check their hours on line and call to see if they have what you’re looking for to save yourself a trip if they don’t

D-ruta​

Calle Arzobispo Guisasola, 28
Oviedo, Asturias 33009
984 84 62 27

Ciclos Fran​

Calle Juan M Sánchez-Ocaña, 1
Oviedo, Asturias 33010
985 21 43 84

I bought a pair in Lugo, but your need seems more urgent. Can provide store info if your interested

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The Hoka website indicates two stores that sell in Oviedo; you can check their hours on line and call to see if they have what you’re looking for to save yourself a trip if they don’t

D-ruta​

Calle Arzobispo Guisasola, 28
Oviedo, Asturias 33009
984 84 62 27

Ciclos Fran​

Calle Juan M Sánchez-Ocaña, 1
Oviedo, Asturias 33010
985 21 43 84

I bought a pair in Lugo, but your need seems more urgent. Can provide store info if your interested
Amazing!m! Thankyou so much!!! I'll try them both.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Buen Camino…may the HOKA Speedgoats work as well for you as they did for me on the Camino Primitivo last fall. You are in for a superb time on the Camino Primitivo!
Thankyou @GuyA ! I'm a little worried about how hard it's going to be!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
For what it's worth, I and everyone I met on the Primitivo felt the same way - but we all made it! Just one foot in front of the other. Loved every minute, can't wait to go back
Totally agree here…have had the good fortune to walk 8 Camino routes…Primitivo the 7th. It is my favourite route (well may be tied with Via Gebennensis) go at your own pace and it will be great! Hope you have good weather and can walk the Hospitales route…really amazing walking. Buen Camino!

Hooray! I am going to start with the same shoe, so look forward to knowing how it worked for you
Hey @GypsyLisa So far so good! I walked 3 days on the Frances in Altra Olympus before I started in Oviedo and my achilles was really playing up. I have walked other Caminos in Altras (Olympus plus others) so have been a bit perplexed. I have been walking on the treadmill at the gym (i live in the UAE so too hot at the moment to walk anywhere outside) wearing Hokas and my achilles have been fine so thought that might be worth a shot.

I'm now 2 days in to the Primitivo and that little heel lift seems to be just what I needed. All is aok...inshallah!

I was also interested to see see how the grip feels, compared to the Altras, and yep, it's firm and sticky. Less rubble/debris is getting into my Hokas compared to my Altras as well. I think i preferred the roomy toebox in the Altras but I'm not feeling squeezed or tight in the Hokas so it's fine.

I hope they suit you just as well!

For what it's worth, I and everyone I met on the Primitivo felt the same way - but we all made it! Just one foot in front of the other. Loved every minute, can't wait to go back
Thanks for the encouragement @CTLawGal It's beautiful so far and I'm not finding the hills too treacherous. Bring on Hospitales in 2 days and then I might be eating my words lol

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Totally agree here…have had the good fortune to walk 8 Camino routes…Primitivo the 7th. It is my favourite route (well may be tied with Via Gebennensis) go at your own pace and it will be great! Hope you have good weather and can walk the Hospitales route…really amazing walking. Buen Camino!
Thankyou @GuyA ! I can certainly understant why people love it, it's really beautiful and I haven't even gotten to ridgeline yet!

Thanks for the encouragement @CTLawGal It's beautiful so far and I'm not finding the hills too treacherous. Bring on Hospitales in 2 days and then I might be eating my words lol
I encourage you to forget about what's ahead and focus on where you are - when it gets hard, just shorten your stride and take smaller steps, you'll get up there. Enjoy the vistas, enjoy it all. Ultrea et suseia!

There's probably a good "Camino as metaphor for life" in those smaller steps, but that's a topic for another post, hahaha!

Last edited:
Hey @GypsyLisa So far so good! I walked 3 days on the Frances in Altra Olympus before I started in Oviedo and my achilles was really playing up. I have walked other Caminos in Altras (Olympus plus others) so have been a bit perplexed. I have been walking on the treadmill at the gym (i live in the UAE so too hot at the moment to walk anywhere outside) wearing Hokas and my achilles have been fine so thought that might be worth a shot.

I'm now 2 days in to the Primitivo and that little heel lift seems to be just what I needed. All is aok...inshallah!

I was also interested to see see how the grip feels, compared to the Altras, and yep, it's firm and sticky. Less rubble/debris is getting into my Hokas compared to my Altras as well. I think i preferred the roomy toebox in the Altras but I'm not feeling squeezed or tight in the Hokas so it's fine.

I hope they suit you just as well!
Thank you!

Lisa

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Success! For anyone else wondering I found Hoka Speedgoats at El Corte Ingles and D-Ruta.
Love my Speedgoats! I’ll be following you in September, wearing my third pair. Just wish the colors weren’t so garish!😂

Hi team,

Due to some unexpected achilles issues, I am looking to swap my Altras for Hoka One Ones here in Oviedo before I walk the Primitivo on Tuesday.

Can anyone direct me towards some shops in Oviedo that might sell Hokas?

The hospitalero has suggested De Ruta and Cavana. El Corte Ingles seems to sell Hokas online, not sure about in store, everything closed today. I'm wondering if there might be other shops some wise pilgrims know about.

Thanks so much!
Good choice I walked the Salvador then Primitivo last October in HOKA Bondi.

Hooray! I am going to start with the same shoe, so look forward to knowing how it worked for you
Hi Kelly - Loving how well you are doing already! I took my Hoka's out for a couple of test runs and decided to return them....the cushioning was fantastic, but the toe box is too small. :(

I'm a New Balance girl naturally, so am trying the Astras...They feel way more comfortable for me, but a little worried about the heel cushioning for so many miles. I think I may start a new post....has anyone used New Balance hiking shoes? ;)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.