• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How late can I arrive at Granon ?

amykate

I am due to re start my Camino in Santo Domingo de la Calzada next week( I finished there last year). I will arrive in Santo Domingo at around 6.20pm. Ideally I would like to walk to Granon, however my questions are, will it be too dark to walk to Granon and is it likely to be full by the time I get there. I have heard that Granon is a great place to stay but won,t want to stop there if I have to stay overnight in Santo Domingo. Thanks

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Its about 7-8k to Granon from Santo Domingo, depending on whose measurements you trust, 2 to 3 hours walking depending on your pace and level of fitness. Sunset will be a little before 8pm. You will arrive after dark and after Granon's communal meal has been served but most likely in time for a bed.

I am due to re start my Camino in Santo Domingo de la Calzada next week( I finished there last year). I will arrive in Santo Domingo at around 6.20pm. Ideally I would like to walk to Granon, however my questions are, will it be too dark to walk to Granon.

Hi, if you left Santo Domingo at 6.30pm you would get to Granon at about 8pm. Sunset next week is at around 7.45pm, so, yes, it would be dark already. Jill

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Be cautious about this plan. My aged Brierley has a caution that the church albergue at Granon does not accept pilgrims who have only walked from Santo Domingo that day. You might want to check whether this restriction is still applied.

In the church albergue of Grañon, everyone is welcomed. You can start walking there, nobody will ask you any question. The only problem there is no having a credencial. Or if albergue is "full".

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back