• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How late in September can I start from Le Puy

skipmick

Time of past OR future Camino
St Puy September 2015
Hi I was planning to start walking from Le Puy En Velay to SJPP on 16th September but I am unfortunately delayed leaving the UK. Do the Gites and accommodations start to close in October along the route and what would be the latest start date I could reasonable leave from Le Puy.
Also if anybody has a good recommendation of a place to stay in Le Puy I would be grateful. Thank you for your help and happy walking.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Departed Le Puy late September '14, don't recall any difficulties with availability of open gites. Miam Miam Dodo guide was very useful. Stayed with many attentive hosts in lovely settings. Laurent & Arnaud have a nice place Le Relais de Saint Jacques in Condom. There were only 3 pilgrims on evening I stayed but we were given a room each.

Bon Chemin.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We arrived in SJPDP on Oct 17 last year, and noticed a few places had closed by then, or were preparing to close. Some of the hosts were very tired and looking forward to their holiday! We were phoning ahead for reservations, so if they told us they were closed, we were able to contact another place. I'm not sure how difficult it would be later in October......
Bon Chemin,
Linda

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back