• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

how to do Senda Litoral Stage 14 in 2 days

Lightfeet

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese Coastal June 2019; Frances Sept 2019;
We plan to start walking from Porto, or from Matosinhos. If we want to take 2 days to get to Vila do Conde, what itinerary do you suggest, and where would be the nicest location to stay overnight? Thanks for any advice!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You could have a leisurely morning in Porto, and then walk along the Douro and along the coast to Matosinhos. Then the next day to Vilo do Conde, it’s a lovely walk along boardwalks.

Thanks. Is there a way to nicely split it up so that we have 2 days fairly evenly split in distance?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
There's an albergue in Labruge. That's about 23 km from Porto. There's another about a km or so further along at Vila Chã (Albergue de S. Mamede). Both are well past the mid-way point, though, being only about 6 km or so from Vila do Conde.

For non-albergue accommodation, almost the entire stretch between Porto and Vila do Conde is one giant beach resort region. There are many accommodation options along that stretch, especially in private apartments / guest houses. The problem you might run into is that most want a minimum two night booking (especially during peak season). You need to look around a bit to find ones that will book only a single night.

Another option is to take the metro to Matosinhos and start from there. That makes the walk to Vila do Conde only about 21 km.

Hi,
Looking on gronze.com, it's possible to split the distance between Porto and Vila do Conde, it's possible to have accommodations in Aldeia Nova ; see this link : https://www.gronze.com/etapa/porto/labruge and look after accommodations on this page
Regards,
Henri

Leaving Porto along the river / seaside is not the worst choice. It adds some km to the official way.
Porto-Labruge is the traditional first stage since you have the first albergue there (about 24km).
From Vila Cha it's only a short step into Vila do Conde.
Porto-Camping Angeiras is another possibility, with ~22kms since Porto. You can sleep in little bungalows without heating/aircondition. Bathrooms/shower are the big communitarian ones. With good dry weather it can be a wonderful, cold April rain makes it not my first choice.
In (pre-)summer months you will find a lot of other accomodation open. Prebooking would be recommended for July/August (even for the camping site). April/May is still too cold for locals.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
In 2017, I started from Porto and went to Angeiras. I stayed in Orbitur Camping in a basic bungalow for 14 € with my pilgrim passport (it was the same price in 2018). In 2018, I walked from Porto to Matosinhos, then I took the metro to go back to Porto at the station, Mercado in Matosinhos (not too far from the bridge) to sleep in Porto again. The day after I took the metro again to the station Mercado of Matosinhos and hiked to Povoa de Varzim.

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back