• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Howdy! Meet Pat and Zoe!

patisbananaman

Hi everyone!

Myself (Pat) and my soon to be wife (Zoe) will be walking the Camino starting just before Easter this year. We've got almost all of our gear, we're breaking in our shoes and digesting as much info as we can from the 4 different guide books I have acquired over the last year or so! (Brierley's guide is my favourite so far)

I'm crossing my fingers that it won't rain too much, but we've got the necessary wet weather gear and Gor-Tex shoes. I've had a look at the class of 2008, is anyone else leaving quite as early as us?

I first read of the Camino early in 2006. It was Ben Nimmo's book 'The Pilgrim Snail'. Ever since then I've wanted the chance to do it myself and our honeymoon seems like the perfect oppurtunity!

Anyway, expect quite a few more posts from me in the coming 7 weeks!

P

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

What a wonderful way to begin your lives together! May I humbly suggest that when you get to Paris you visit the office of the Société des Amis de Saint Jacques de Compostelle http://compostelle.asso.fr/. I have a very good pilgrim friend there who can give you lots of information and provide you with your credencial. They are sanctioned by the Cathedral in Santiago to issue it. If you want more informaiton please send a PM and we can share.

Meanwhile, enjoy the sharing and lighthearted banter on the forum... it is virtually the Camino itself....

Buen Camino,

Thank Diedre!

I would love to get our credencial before we get to SJPP! Unfortunately, my French is not what it should be :oops: What is the address of the Société des Amis de Saint Jacques de Compostelle?

Nice to meet you!
P.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Pat and Zoe,

Welcome to the Class of 2008!

A honeymoon along the Milky Way...how fantastic!

It will be very interesting to hear about your adventure together as you make passage along a route traveled for over a thousand years and, welcoming all.

Congrats and Buen Camino,

Arn

Pata & Zoe,
Never fear, Alex speaks English! The address of the Société is 8 Rue de Cannettes... it appears on their website if you visit it (but the website is in French! woops! ) :shock: I'll send you the information by PM.
Buen Camino,

Hi Pat and Zoe,

Wow!!Your honeymoon on the Camino. What a great idea! I'll be starting out from Roncesvalles around the 27th or 28th of March, just about 2 months from now!!!! I've been checking this forum for a while and there are a few people starting in March, but not many. Who knows, maybe our paths will cross.
I wish you a great camino honeymoon!

Arlene

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Pat and Zoe, congratulations on your forthcoming celebrations :D and welcome to the Forum :)
Sad to say that whenever you set out rain is always a possibility - especially in Galaicia.
b
Be prepared for numerous contacts from this site!
Buen Camino,
Brendan

Arlene said:
Wow!!Your honeymoon on the Camino

Are there special albergues for that sort of thing? :wink: Cuz you know that the sleeping and bathroom arrangements are mainly co-ed. Guess you can bring a tent, or do hotels... :shock: :oops: :lol:

Haha, we probably can't afford the 'special' albergues! We're having a week in France before starting and staying in private rooms for that leg. Everything else will be dorms etc. :arrow:

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
In Autralia there used to be a cartoon on television when I was growing up called Bananaman. The main character, Eric, would turn into a superhero bananaman after he ate one. The line from the spiel at the start of the show was 'Eric is banamaman!'.

There. That's about as brief as I can make it! :)

LOL that's funny... the closest Banana-themed cartoon I can remember is Bananas in Pajamas :lol: I hope you have a wonderful time in France and on the Camino. Remember to report back to us when you return to Oz :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks Pesky, I sure will!

The missus and I are in training. Walked at this place called the '1000 steps' today. For those of you in Melbourne, you might know it. About 2kms up and down. We did it twice last week (no packs), and twice this morning (half packs). Next week will be either 3 times round or with full packs.

There aren't actually 1000 steps, only about 800 odd. But still, thats up and down 3200 steps.... I'm buggered. :D

patisbananaman said:
'Eric is banamaman!'.

Wow - that's my name (except I spell it with a "k"). So, as an American...if I walk into an Australian bar, order a banana daquiri, and then shout that phrase, what will happen...? :wink: :arrow:

Congratulations, Pat & Zoe! What a wonderful way to start off your life together! :)

Don't worry about their honeymoon accomodations, folks; with all that walking they'll be too tired for any "honeymoon activities." (ahem)

As for Bananaman, that wouldn't have anything to do with Dangermouse, would it? :mrgreen: They used to show Dangermouse & Bananaman together here in the US.

Buen Camino!
Kelly

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Yes! Bananaman! I used to love that cartoon. I have some good memories of Dangermouse too! And yes, I think we have both resigned ourselves to the fact that we're most probably going to be way to tired to get up to any shenanigans most nights. :lol:

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.