• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I had some great news yesterday !

Robert Carmichael

Time of past OR future Camino
Portugues
I plan to do my first Camino next August and planned to go alone, with the only exception being having my daughter join me.
I had asked her, but she was ambivalent as she had a young family.
Well, she told me yesterday she is coming with me !

I am so excited for this opportunity spend time with her, had a comparable experience with our son for a 2 week golf trip to Ireland some years ago.

PS - we are only doing Logroño to Burgos, all the time we can afford

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time with your daughter.

Some things I enjoyed on your route were: tapas in Logroño, the pilgrim complex ruins in Navarrete, walking through the vineyards of La Rioja, the monastery complex of Santa Maria la Real and the strange river reeds in Nájera (more interesting that they sound!), the cathedral chickens in Santo Domingo de la Calzada, the forest trail in the Goose Mountains, San Juan de Ortega and of course Burgos itself. I'm sure there will be plenty more highlights for you as well.

¡Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Starting to plan more seriously and date set for August 15 start (probably worst time due to crowds and heat, but only workable dates). Would like to treat my daughter to a nice hotel in Burgos, but the Parador prices are exhorbitant. Would welcome a suggestion for a nice hotel and spot for dinner. Thanks

My first round of research I have chosen the following places. My daughter does not want to go to go to Albergues ........(did I do a bad job raising her ?) Anyway, if anybody has stayed at any of these your comments are welcome, and thanks in advance

Logrono - Pension Logrono
Najera - Hotel Hispano
Santo Domingo - Abadia Cisterciense
Belorado - Pension Toni
San Juan de Ortega - Hotel Rural La Henera

Burgos and Madrid have not started yet, want something special for the end of the walk and then something nice and central for the 2 days we will spend as tourists in Madrid.

Thanks

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We stayed at Hotel Rural La Henera in San Juan de Ortega. Simple, clean, good showers, very nice. The same family that runs the bar owns the hotel and the two brothers handling everything were lots of fun. We stayed in late October 2015, and it was VERY quiet when the mid-day crowds moved on. I happily recommend it.

The hotel and the albergue are the only accomodations, but the bar is a popular stopping point for mid-day cafe con leche and menu de peregrino. Food is fine, nothing more, but certainly nothing less.

I understand that in mid-summer the hotel fills up, but when we were there I think only 2-3 other rooms were taken.

The little town is quiet and pretty, and the church is beautiful. We had an especially special pilgrim blessing after mass that evening.

San Juan was one of my very favorite places. Not for anything specific, because there's not much of anything there, but just one of those times when everything went just right. Enjoy!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back